1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

$1100-$1400 to build / buy a computer

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Reynardin, Jun 13, 2008.

1. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. Reynardin New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks, I already redid it.
    After it burned in, I started getting some more reasonable temps. I went a bit overboard last night and played mass effect for something like 5 hours, and I actually could see my cpu temp dropping during my playing time (started around 56, ended at 48-50).
  3. Reynardin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow. I just finished Mass Effect, and this is all I can say: What a ride! That was probably the most fun I've had playing a computer game in a long time. Well spent $50 =)

Anyways, my cpu is running at 34-36 C idling, and 44-49 under load.
  4. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Man you ripped right through that. :laugh: Glad you enjoyed it though, it was definatly one of my favorite gaming experiences of late. I just started again on hardcore w/ all my high equipment and such, this time doin it renegade style.
  5. Reynardin New Member

Thanks Received:
    hehe, yea, first time through I went all paragon, I'm gonna try renegade and see how it turns out. Gonna get full intimidation options as well.
  6. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    cool deal man, now let us know when you wanna start to OC that beast :rockout:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Reynardin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Already started OCing the GPU, trying out 701/1752/1022 (core clock, shader clock, and mem), I'm going to test it for stability then work up from there.

Right now I'm going to wait a bit on the CPU, and just enjoy the games I have because I'm going away on Thursday and am not coming back until 11 days after that. Going to referee at this "Olympic Development Camp", where basically the best under-14 girls in california go for training(this is soccer). Either gonna be fun, or hard as hell, I can't decide which...
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008