1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

127C Asus M5G Motherboard Temp

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by adulaamin, Feb 8, 2013.

1. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    Asus AI Suite is showing that my motherboard has a temp of 127C. Also with HW Monitor (AUXTIN) as you can see in the pic below. I've got my 3770K OCed to 4.5ghz at 1.23v. I'm quite confident that my case has good airflow but just to make sure I removed the side panel and put my hand inside and it doesn't fell warm at all. I also touched the sinks on the board and they're really cool. I also got pop-up messages about VCore as 0.0000 also from AI Suite although when it appears I open up the Monitor feature of AI Suite and it shows 1.214, 1.226 or some other number. It all goes back to normal when I restart the PC but then after a few hours warning messages start popping up again. I've only been crunching on the CPU and GPU for around 12 hours.

[​IMG]

I recently updated to the latest BIOS just before I started crunching. Has anyone with the same board experience this? Right now the PC's running with the side panel off... :eek:

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    Its a false sensor. I have the same on my board my AUX shows 250/125/480 F

adulaamin says thanks.
  3. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It appears to just be reading the "max" value and placing that number in the "value" and "min" fields. I would agree with natr0n that it is a false sensor.

adulaamin says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the quick reply. I was worried for a moment there. :toast:

Warning messages about the temps started showing up again :mad:. Guess I'll just have to disable that feature in AI Suite. :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Get rid of AI Suite. It's almost always been a buggy program.

adulaamin says thanks.
  6. terrastrife New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^ But AI Suite is great! Just, don't run any other monitoring software, it's the same for all programs. Trying to hook multiple times = bad bad bad. These days you have near complete BIOS settings control from windows (the only thing really missing is memory divider), so you don't have to constantly reboot while in the testing stage. Asus is also second to none when it comes to fan control options, obviously you can do it from BIOS but having a windows app to do it is just as great. I would agree with you if you're talking about 2 generations ago however (890fx and P55), back then the software was pathetic.

Just hit your BIOS and disable the sensor in Hardware Monitoring.

7. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    You know, it works fine for me with the exception of CPU multis with Intel processors. Back when I had a Phenom II 940 I used TurboV for overclocking all the time (for fine tuning,) and its practially the same thing as the overclocking section of AI Suite. I've found it more useful than annoying tbh.