1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

13 Horror Games Not To Turn Your Back On in 2014

Discussion in 'Games' started by Samo_Krose, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:

Yes I can say that Diablo and Hellfire are horror games. They have scary level design and diabolic atmosphere, creepy creatures and demons.

Haha true

Samo_Krose says thanks.
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Samo_Krose says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Samo_Krose says thanks.
  4. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    The first 5 have me interested, not sure about the rest.

Samo_Krose says thanks.
  5. Samo_Krose

Samo_Krose

Thanks Received:

Then I will skip this game to be honest I would not break my head with it unless it goes really down cheap on sale. And thanks again for explanation I appreciated that

I have not try neither d1 or 2 or 3 and the got me interested but everyone saying that d1 is the best and better. The look of d3 look promising but not to some extent they always show the best part but hide the bad part. So actually depends.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
  6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

As we cannot speak for you and only our self's. When D3 was released i actually put over 1200+ hours in to it and had a break for about a year ( till a few weeks ago ).. And when i started to play it again i could only play it for a short while mainly the game was a mess due to all the items on the floor and all the shit had no point or reason to drop so it became very cluttered. Well there was one thing you could do with it and that's sell it which would mean spending more time doing that than actually playing the dame game.

How ever since 2.x was released i have had more usable drops for my chars along with what drops can be sold or used for crafting even none magical drop have a reason in the game now along with the blue items were before it was just trash filling your screen.

Now you get about 1 to 3 items drop typically 1 unless it's a it's the leader of a elite group. I believe the goblin drops the most being about 8 items..

If i knew what i know now about the game i would play the 1st 2 acts and ask some one else to help to get me to a harder setting playing the same 2 acts. ( although i am not sure this is possible if you have no chars that completed it ).

Samo_Krose says thanks.
  7. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I liked Outlast,wonder if DLC wistleblower will be scary aswelll

8. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    Samo_Krose says thanks.
  9. Samo_Krose

Samo_Krose

Thanks Received:
  10. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    No problem. REsi games FTW!

Some fans working on RE2 remake, I found this video on youtube

Capcom said that they may remake RE2 if enough fans will support it. Whatever the case I want proper REsi 2 and 3 remakes!

Samo_Krose says thanks.
  11. Samo_Krose

Samo_Krose

Thanks Received:

That is so nice I hope they really take it serious. And make a lot of enhancement. Like as they show how to take the gun. It would be alot easier if they can make it like res 4. Or 6 lol I know this is very old but they should take their time doong stuff and see what really pwoplw suggest.

Lol while I was typing something came to my mind !!!! Are they un able to creat a resident evil to same lvl and higher level of the old one? And they are just working on the old one instead od making a new one which add lots more of survival and horror?

12. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    I expect new Resi game and updated Resi 2. RE2 had really cool design but RPD building could've been much better, it was a museum that later turned into police department. They should've add more staircases and there were no bathrooms. With proper level design and more darkness it could've been the most scary Resi game. Leon was kinda boring but Ada is cool

13. jormungand

jormungand

Thanks Received:
    For me RE2 and 3 were the hell scary, then fear 1. Now that Dark Souls 2 have become more acclaimed and everyone wants to give it the try. My truly recommendation is play the DS1 and feel the frustration over and over again. Most console gamer says "yey!! Dark Souls 2!!!!!" without testing the hell of it in his 1st part. I beg to the gods to deliver the same dark ambient and dying frustration again for this not to become another shitty console game. Outlast IMO was thrilling !!!!

14. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    True, they're perfect. But REmake is even more creepier. Dogs jumping through the windows make me shit a brick every time.

15. jormungand

jormungand

Thanks Received:
    that remake youre talking about is coming for pc too??? that will be great !!! im a fan of RE2 was the best of all residents IMO.

16. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:

Nobody knows atm which consoles get it. I hope it comes for all consoles. REsi 4, 5, 6 had pc versions I hope this one will too.

jormungand says thanks.
  17. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    Another video showing remade Resi 2 with unreal engine

18. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    YARN!, unreal engine crap.

19. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    This is why I often wish they'd do reboots instead of remakes, provided they're done well.

TR Anniversary = excellent example of reboot.

TR 2013 = horrible example of reboot.

Almost anything is better than a remake not worth playing though. If they can't manage to do a sufficient makeover, leave it alone, or do a reboot.

20. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:

TR's Anni had some nice moments but it wasn't a good remake. It forced useless stuff like adrenaline dodge and quick time events. Making game extremely frustrating especially for psp and wii. PS2 version was full of fps drops and PC version had crazy camera. If it was done by Core then it'd have been a proper remake. Shame TRAE never happened. I will moan and groan about it whole my life.

Totally agree about TR 2013. It's horrible. Optional tombs ... like what the fuck. Tomb Raider game with optional tombs? You've gotta be kidding me...
    TR 2013 is some kind of Max Payne or Gears of War but with some generic chick which they called Lara Croft. She didn't look/act like Lara. At all.

Some good examples:

Metal Gear Solid: the Twin Snakes = amazing remake
    Resident Evil REmake = best Resi game ever
    Rise of the Triad = kickass remake

bad examples:

Silent Hill remakes/reboots = sucks
    Tomb Raider Anniversary = not a good remake but it had its moments
    Tomb Raider 2013 = no comments .. wtf

Syndicate remake is somewhere in between but it's a nice game.

Deus ex Human Revolution: It looks like it sucks a big time. Can never beat The Conspiracy.

I hope those Resi fans can make a proper RE2 remake, they won't make FMV scenes though. They said it's gonna be free (or maybe not) but anyways I hope it's gonna be a scary game.

21. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I'm late. Sorry

22. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:

DLC for Outlast is coming soon!

23. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    /tag to read laterz :)

24. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    Another video of Resi 2 remake, still worse than reborn but looks ok

And here's interesting Indonesian horror game (pc only). It's called Dread Out. Looks badass

25. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I bought outlast and whistleblower dlc a few days ago as they were marked down 66% iirc. I haven't gotten very far, I still have a few other games to beat first.