1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

$1500+ wasted...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Evolved, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah thats the ticket. Fuck around with the bios until you have no idea if you have bad hardware or not.

2. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:
    lot of people try to help you but you don't make any of the suggested steps;don't keep asking what can be bad test everything once at all and than report

3. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    will run memtest later tonight and try booting with each individual module at one time.

ill post back then...

thanks for all the help guys...

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  4. OneMoar

OneMoar There is Always Moar

Thanks Received:
    quit trolling drunkard
    the point of ensuring that the ram is running at its rated timings/voltage/speed is to ensure that it IS NOT faulty
    if the board is down-clocking the ram then it MIGHT be incorrectly setting the voltages and timings causing issues ..
    if the timings and voltages and speeds are set to what the spec listed for the kitt is AND its stil throwing error after testing one stick at a time THEN You can ponder the proablity of bad hardware
    @Evolved can you please list the EXACT kit of ram you have + the model number

5. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought two of these 2x4GB kits separately.

http://canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_311_312_612&item_id=035070

I have also noticed that each kit has slightly different "Stickers" on them (the stickers that detail the UPC, barcode, serial numbers, etc.)

However both are the same voltages, timings, speed, and "version", etc.

The only thing different from the TWO KITS is just one set of numbers/letters that I can't recall off the top of my head at the moment.

6. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I guess let evolved listen to mailman.... I am done here. Good luck evolved but if this thread is going to become like this. I am not helping out here any longer.

Of course (Really no sarcasm I really mean it)... try mailmans idea. It could be right.... But if it's not just realize he probably just trolled the others who were trying to help you right out of this thread.

If its not right though revisit my and OneMoar's posts.... you might find something there as well. Good luck again :) Unsubscribed.

qubit says thanks.
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Two different kits could be causing the issue also. You shouldnt mix and match kits. RAM is made in pairs for a reason.

8. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll do my own thing now then.

I'll test the ram and hdd.

if the ram is defective... ill buy new ram, simple as that (and hdd as well).

thanks for the help :)

/close thread

yogurt_21 says thanks.