• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

1MORE EVO Active Noise Cancellation TWS Earphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
1MORE completes its current TWS earphone cycle with the new EVO flagship hybrid ANC earphones. It adopts a dual-driver setup and LDAC codec support to distinguish itself in a crowded market, and adds a feature-rich app combined with touch controls and tuning from a Grammy-award winning artist to seal the deal.

Show full review

You sort of hit the nail on the head with "LDAC on TWS is almost never a thing" and point out the battery life issue but there's a couple catches here. The first being that sort of ANC is going to mess with the sound period. So tossing lossless high bitrate and then adding ANC to it is counter productive. The other issue is the general issue of not getting around wired > wifi > bluetooth. It's like the whole combination of tossing battery life, bluebooth, ANC, LDAC/highbitrate/lossless comes out really weird the other end as well.

As for the tuning I've used their tripple driver wireds and they suffer a bit as well. But some people swear by it!

Since you through out the state of TWS, TWS is always going to be a hot mess compared to wired but there are some things have had a somewhat good rep or come from companies that might get it right. Or at least try hard enough and over engineer it to get a laugh!

Reactions: VSG

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Shame, was considering these, but with that kind of batter life, thanks, but no thanks.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
You sort of hit the nail on the head with "LDAC on TWS is almost never a thing" and point out the battery life issue but there's a couple catches here. The first being that sort of ANC is going to mess with the sound period. So tossing lossless high bitrate and then adding ANC to it is counter productive. The other issue is the general issue of not getting around wired > wifi > bluetooth. It's like the whole combination of tossing battery life, bluebooth, ANC, LDAC/highbitrate/lossless comes out really weird the other end as well.

As for the tuning I've used their tripple driver wireds and they suffer a bit as well. But some people swear by it!

Since you through out the state of TWS, TWS is always going to be a hot mess compared to wired but there are some things have had a somewhat good rep or come from companies that might get it right. Or at least try hard enough and over engineer it to get a laugh!

I've covered the TWS800 before (https://www.techpowerup.com/review/hifiman-tws800-high-impedance-true-wireless-earphones/), it's an.. interesting set.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10

You can always turn off ANC if you want fidelity.

But seriously, considering these for music quality is a little like considering an IGP for gaming: it may suffice some times, but it's really not it was built for. As long as you can have a phone call and listen to some podcasts on the go, these have done their job. The asking price vs filling these two roles is another discussion.

99€

PhoneHead

99€

I bought it from Goboo and it was a BiG mistake. Not that the Evos are bad earphones, they sound surprisingly good although have reliability Issues. After one month of using ANC stopped working.
I asked Goboo for replacement and they have been trying to fob me off for two weeks avoiding respecting warranty policy.
Don’t be tempted by low prices they also have very low customer standards.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I bought it from Goboo and it was a BiG mistake. Not that the Evos are bad earphones, they sound surprisingly good although have reliability Issues. After one month of using ANC stopped working.
I asked Goboo for replacement and they have been trying to fob me off for two weeks avoiding respecting warranty policy.
Don’t be tempted by low prices they also have very low customer standards.
Yeah, no contact address on the website in the "About Us" section, 5€ off if you use a mobile app requiring questionable permissions (record audio?), this thing has red flags all over.