1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2.1 Speaker system advice

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by ShRoOmAlIsTiC, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    I need a decent 2.1 speaker system for my living room. Ive got an Acer Aspire Revo 1600 hooked up to my LG 47LH40 LCD TV. I need a decent sound system for the revo.

I was looking at the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 but the wife wants something that looks better.
    Looks wise the only other thing I can find is the JBL Creature III

Does anyone have any info for the Creature III? Does it have decent base? Can anyone suggest a good looking 2.1 setup that has good sound, good base, looks decent and under 200 bucks?

2. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I tried out the Promedia's at Best Buy a while back and they're what I'm saving up for right now. Very clear crisp sound, lots of bass, lots of volume, and they're set up nicely (the volume/bass controls and headphone/mic jacks are on one of the satellites). $150 seems a little much for a 2.1 system but from what I saw they looked like they were worth it. Also, remember that the left and right speakers can be covered by a cap so you don't have to look at the things on there if you don't want to.

ShRoOmAlIsTiC says thanks.
  3. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    there gonna be sitting on a mantle with the tv and the revo, not a whole lot of space to cover them up.

4. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was talking about a removable mesh+plastic cover thing that you can slap onto the face of them. Gives the satellites a sleeker look.

The cover is on in this picture (it's off in the Amazon stock picture)
    [​IMG]

5. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    i went ahead and ran over to best buy and got them. they were on sale so why not. so far they sound great.

Soylent Joe says thanks.
  6. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    well it ends up the subwoofer is blown on the one I got, I need to exchange later. Hopefully not the same issue with the next set i get.

7. TONYSALEM New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a set of Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 for about 2 years now and they rock out... I have a altec lansing 5.1 setup from dell and the Klipsch blow them away... Everyone that comes over and hears a game/movie/music on them says how much and where do i get some!! These things really are quality at it's best.. The only issue i ever had in two years is the (din) plug on the back of sub broke after me using the sub as a footrest and pushing it into the wall/desk for so long.. Ordered a new plug from Klipsch with the new controls on satellite and all is well! You will enjoy!

** there is a wireless set of pro media 2.1's out there but the price is stupid!