1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2007 Audi TT is Gran Turismo Awards' 'Best in Show'

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Nov 4, 2007.

1. spectre440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    wrong.

the people who actually pioneered the whole overhead twin-cam and 4 valves per cylinder engines, are bentley.
    and they did it back in the 1920's. (sounds a bit far-fetched, i know, but feel free to look it up)

so to correct your statement:

there'd be no 16v twin cam engines if it weren't for those crazy brits.

and on a side note, they (well, not exactly bentley, but some of the ye-olde 'bentley boys') also pretty much pioneered the concept of forced induction engines. feel free to look that up as well.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  2. Fuse-Wire

Fuse-Wire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Scotland, Far away from normality as possible
    hmmm jap cars are better in some ways, my Civic Si 1.4 V-tech blows away my Ford Capri 2.8i V6 because the engine revs higher, its lighter and surprisingly has alot of power, Civic= about 133BHP, Capri a whole 1.4 bigger only produces 190BHP, civic weighs just under a ton, about 989KG, Ford Capri weighs a staggerin 1576KG, crazy or what

3. spectre440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    but the capri has the power going to the proper wheels (the back ones), and probably has a wider torque band, and will probably be quicker round a track.

and its probably a lot more "lively" to drive, if you know what i mean... ;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007