• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Introduces Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X Water Block

EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to introduce a new Full-Cover water block for Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 290(X) graphics cards with amended (non-reference) Vapor-X circuit board design.

EK-FC R9-290X VaporX directly cools the GPU, RAM as well as VRM (voltage regulation module) as water flows directly over these critical areas thus allowing the graphics card and it's VRM to remain stable under high overclocks. Additionally this water block also directly cools exposed copper drain on the circuit board to achieve best cooling possible. The cooling engine features a very high flow design therefore it can be easily used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps.

Base is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality POM Acetal or acrylic (depending on the variant). Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed and allow for safe installation procedure. The cooling engine uses refined 0.6mm wide microchannel structure to even further improve the heat transfer while not sacrificing the famous low hydraulic restriction design.

Up to four EK-FC R9-290X VaporX water blocks can be interconnected with EK-FC Terminal which allows for hassle-free piping job.

In order to simplify the search for suitable and compatible water block EK is adding newly released graphics cards and motherboard from various manufacturers to EK Cooling Configurator database and compatible graphics cards are being added to the list on daily basis.

This water block is readily available for purchase through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network, together with an aesthetic retention backplate:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
That's honestly one of the prettiest looking acrylic blocks I've ever seen. has a lot to do with the layout of the card but still :pimp:

System Name As Himself
Processor 2700X
Motherboard Asrock 370X ThaiChi
Cooling Custom Liquid
Memory 4133MHz Team
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Storage Samsung 512 SSD's
Display(s) Asus "24 144Hz
Case Tt P5
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence One Muses/Sparkos
Power Supply EVGA 1200
Mouse RAT ProX
Keyboard Drop CTRL
Software W10 steam futuremark
hey EK rep,

can you post the dimensions? I'd like to know if it'd fit in an In Win 901 mini itx....(<130mm)

if you can,

thank ya very

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
so, would scryllic or acetec be the better choice? and what is the difference? based on the vapor x's performance on air, a water-cooled one may very soon find a home in my computer.

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
so, would scryllic or acetec be the better choice? and what is the difference? based on the vapor x's performance on air, a water-cooled one may very soon find a home in my computer.

The acrylic version is obviously see though and has a better tendency to crack if you take it apart to clean it as well as less chemical resistant. its mostly just looks either version will preform exactly the same.