• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Insurgency (Review)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

Introduction

Insurgency is an FPS game with one hell of a punishing damage model. It’s developed and published by New World Interactive all done with the Source Engine. It should technically be called Insurgency 2, as it does actually have a predecessor. The original however began as a Half Life 2 mod, and later got a total conversion. It is mainly squad based in all game modes, and has an extremely punishing damage model. Anything to the chest or head is almost a single hit kill, even with heavy armour you’ll find yourself killed in about 3 or 4 bullets. The only chance for survival is to be hit in the toe. There are a number of servers that take advantage of the hit box model, and cause you to drop your weapon when hit in the correct arm.

Storyline

Its multiplayer based. The storyline is kill the nasty insurgents, or conversely, wipe out the filthy ‘muricans.

Gameplay

There are quite a large number of game modes, including coop vs AI as well as your typical PVP system. You’ve got your standard deathmatch, firefight (objective capture), push, as well as a number of coop missions, including survival, checkpoint, and hunt. There are many more, some which I didn’t get the chance to play due to the lack of servers, players, or just generally a lack of servers with sensible ping. I played Firefight, which seems to be a player favourite, mainly because it’s not over in 2 minutes. I also played some normal death match, but yeah, over way too quickly because of the damage model. A fair number of people play coop against bots, and that was possibly my favourite mode, because it was genuinely very challenging.

At the start of any game, you’ll need to select your team (if playing pvp), and then your role on the team. Each team has a squad leader, and then a number of generalised roles, as well as specifics. You’ve got your demolitions guys, with C4 or RPGs, specified snipers and marksmen, as well as standard assault rifle soldiers. You’ll also have supports, with the big light machine guns and smoke grenades, and a recon, usually equipped with a SMG or small battle rifle. Once you’ve selected your class, you make it to the shiny weapon customisation screen, which really does set the game apart from others.

You start off with a set amount of points to spend on weapons, some servers are extremely generous, and some are particularly frugal. On this screen you choose your primary weapon and any customisations, secondary and customisations, explosive slot (grenades, smokes, RPGs), armour slot, chest slot (carries more ammo/explosives), and finally accessory slot (night vision etc). Each item and customisation in each area costs a certain amount of points, so you have to tactically decide where your priorities lie. For example in a night time Hunt game mode, I’ll always pick night vision goggles and a suppressor on whatever weapon I choose. If it’s a game mode where weapon caches need to be destroyed, you’ll need to use points on explosives in order to complete the objectives. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Obviously each role gets different weapons; most have some crossover of some sort, usually involving the standard rifles (M16A4 or AK74u). You can also earn extra points during game modes by being alive when objectives are completed. These points are awarded either in single points or multiple depending on server settings. So it is possible to further upgrade your weapon as the game progresses. As each game mode typically lasts until one team has 5 wins, you’ll have up to 9 rounds to customise your weapons at each round start, and you also get to customise your load out if you die. If you die, you’ll respawn every time your team completes an objective, and you’re latest load out changes will apply.

Speaking of dying, it’s something you’ll do an awful lot. I reckon about 50-60% of my played hours in the game are largely spectating other players after having died. The damage model is incredibly unforgiving. Weapons are deadly accurate, and if you survive more than 2 or 3 bullets to any part of your body, you’re particularly lucky. Even light machine gunners equip 2x red dot sights and snipe you across the map. Even against bots, granted the highest difficulty ones, they have magical psychic powers, and shoot you through walls in a rather glitch way. They also have a tendency to spawn on top of you when you complete an objective and one-shot headshot you in a blind panic.

While brutal bots have an utterly deadly shot with any weapon in existence, they have no brains whatsoever. There was a point when there were 5 bots crowded around a single player, one of them shot at him through another bot. The other 4 bots took this as some kind of brutal betrayal, and proceeded to shoot at each other, uncontrollably, until only one remained, who was promptly shot in the face. The bots also don’t recognise Molotov/incendiary fire. We breached a corridor, threw down a Molotov, and 7 bots (in a neat little line) proceeded to walk into the fire while shouting in pain, and then sit directly in the middle for about 15 seconds until they died.

I then walked round the corner and got head shotted through a wall by a bot 200 yards away with an RPK. All that being said, bugs and bot behaviour aside, the hunting, survival and checkpoint maps and game modes in coop are incredibly challenging, and extremely fun. They certainly offered me enough enjoyment to spend most of my time in that particular section. There are plenty of maps, both day and night, to provide you with some form of variety to your coop adventures, and usually you’re put against the odds in every example. In fact the dodgy AI with elite sniping capabilities makes the game rather fun and amusing. Certainly the gameplay can become somewhat boring if you don’t have friends to play with. It’s also paramount you use the in game voice chat, as it is an extremely tactical based game, and you need to communicate with your team mates (or face certain death).

There are a number of modifiers to make the game more realistic. These include minimalistic UI, no player icons (so friendly fire becomes an issue if a team mate startles you), AI density on maps, as well as reducing initial points for weapons at the beginning of the game. The only difference AI difficulty makes is their aim. Their intelligence never seems to match the curve.

Controls

Sliding works when it pleases. You’re supposed to hit crouch after running (Shift followed by CTRL), but I could only get it to slide half the time I attempted it. Rebind your push-to-talk key, because K as a default is simply ridiculous. Standard FPS controls, the only difference being Q and E is lean, and G of all keys is flashlight (if equipped). Night Vision is B (if equipped). One thing I must note, the transition from hip fire to iron sights/ADS is super clunky. If you’re aiming at something in standard view, then go to ADS, the transition A) takes too long B) aims you slightly off your target. It needs streamlining somehow, to be smoother and slightly more accurate. It’s been a niggle of mine through the whole game, and affected what sight I chose to mod my weapons with. M is not map, in fact N is map. M is your load out. This literally makes zero sense to me, and I rebound them in the opposite way because that seemed sensible. It’s not like every other game has M bound to map or anything. Am I missing something?

Video Settings

A glorious amount, of all the right types. Everything you need in terms of options is there, and in abundance. That being said, the abundance of options doesn’t make the game any prettier. Plant textures in particular are still 2.5D and shoddy, and wall textures are a little blocky to say the least. However I am aware this is a one-for-all kind of game, and built on the source engine, so the lack of fancy textures makes the thing run on a Core2Duo. Still, I was a little disappointed that sneaking through tall grassland was ruined by super thin and bare tall grass, so it kinda ruined my immersion. I wanted to feel like a member of Delta force in thick brush, to come down on my opponent with my AK74u with a suppressor the size of a small child, in true stealthy Rambo-like fashion. Instead I walked through some green sticks and shot some guy. It was made in 2013, so I’d have liked to have seen some textures that represented that age.

System Performance

CPU: i5 4670 (Stock)
GPU: MSI GTX 970 (Stock)
RAM: 16GB 2133mhz
Storage: WD 1TB 7200RPM
Display: 2560 x 1440

Source Engine. Need I say more? Totally maxed out I was hitting some stupendous maximum frame rates, even while recording at the same time. 1440p made it a little lower, but not by much. The game is so CPU bound it actually nearly topped out my CPU. The GPU was at full throttle due to VSync being turned off, so my system had full reign to do as it pleased. Overall it’s extremely well optimised and hardware balanced, so everything got a chance to do something useful. I reckon on more conservative settings, you could run it on just about anything. If a PC can run Counter Strike, it can run this.

1440p

1080p

Conclusion

All in all I had a lot of fun, but that’s because this is my type of game. I’ve played Counter Strike since I was a teenager, I’ve dabbled in DayZ, Battlefield, and even some CoD in my younger days. I enjoy team based FPS games, both PvP and coop. The option for customising guns is immensely fun, and makes it feel like you’ve crafted your role yourself. I know other games include this, like Battlefield, but in this all weapons are unlocked the instant you play. The only difference is you gain points based on success in order to customise your weapons. Everybody has a similar set of weapons available to them, so there’s no real imbalance. One of the key things I dislike about Battlefield is the requirement to unlock copious amounts of weapons, most of which are vastly superior to starter guns. Insurgency does not suffer from that. The downside to that is that there is slightly less reason to constantly play, as you don’t permanently unlock upgrades, you have to earn them each match.

The bots are buggy, psychic sharpshooters with the common sense of a garden carrot. And yet they are immensely fun to play against, and make the coop a huge amount of fun. The damage model makes their keen eyes and psychic abilities more frustrating, as you die instantly. Along those lines, one of the issues I have with the game is that you don’t spend an awful lot of time playing, but rather spectating. In CSGO you get away with that, as rounds last typically 2 minutes or less. In this, rounds can last much much longer, making the experience a little boring for newer, less skilled players. Even in coop you die plenty, mostly due to AI, but also from friendly fire. Then you have to sit and wait for the round to fail or succeed, or at least until an objective is completed. It’s an odd one to fix, or even approach, as its fundamental aspect of the game to be so unforgiving. It’s also one of the main reasons I stopped playing the deathmatch game mode, as all weapons are stupendously accurate, and whoever shoots first wins. Recoil is minimal, so if you lose, you sit and spectate for an age until the round ends. It’s definitely not a run and gun game. If Battlefield or CoD is your forte, perhaps don’t get your hopes up. If you’re used to Arma style tactics, with a large dose of Counter Strike gunplay, I would imagine you’ll find Insurgency immensely fun.

Also sticking bits on weapons is just plain fun as it is. Give me ten weapon slots and infinity points and I’ll stick a baby sized suppressor on even the M249 as well as AP rounds.

Insurgency is available on Steam for £10.99/$14.99

Last edited:
System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I won this game and cant play it for some reason keeps crashing.

System Name Dell-y Driver
Processor Core i5-10400
Motherboard Asrock H410M-HVS
Cooling Intel 95w stock cooler
Memory 2x8 A-DATA 2999Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Storage 1TB WD Green M.2 - 4TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Asus PA248 1920x1200 IPS
Case Dell Vostro 270S case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Software Windows 10 64bit
Whomever would like to play this game, I have two keys up for grabs. PM me.

EDIT: No keys left, sorry

Last edited:
This is my favourite since its launch, because it is hability and awareness based. Running and gunning brings you nowhere contrary to the CS, CoD, BF based games... I hardly can stop playing it! Worth every penny. Reminds me the good old times of Novalogic's Delta Force 1 and 2 on LAN and to a certain degree Ghost Recon Original :)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Might be a decent buy game compared to op7

System Name Better than before
Processor 10400
Motherboard B460 Pro4
Cooling Id-Cooling 224
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) 1650 Super
Storage Swordfish 500 GB
Display(s) AOC G2
Case Coolermaster Ammo 533
Audio Device(s) Micca MB42X
Power Supply Pure Power 11
Mouse G403
Keyboard Sidewinder x4
Software Windows 10 (ugh)
This is my favourite since its launch, because it is hability and awareness based. Running and gunning brings you nowhere contrary to the CS, CoD, BF based games... I hardly can stop playing it! Worth every penny. Reminds me the good old times of Novalogic's Delta Force 1 and 2 on LAN and to a certain degree Ghost Recon Original :)

WOW. Delta Force! I had completely forgotten about that game. I just watched a video on it and remembered thanks to your post.

Pan

System Name Budget gamer v3.1
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B650E-F
Cooling Deepcool AS500 PLUS
Memory Kingston Fury Beast 2x16GB 6000MHz @ CL 32
Video Card(s) XFX RX 6700 XT SWFT 309
Storage Kingston A2000 1 TB & 2 TB Intel 660p & 2TB+4TB Netac NV7000
Display(s) Lenovo G27q-20 27" & Asus vg248qe 24"
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini Black
Audio Device(s) Anker soundcore Q45
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 760W Platinum
Mouse Logitech g403 wireless & g703 wireless
Keyboard Varmilo VA88M Panda, Silent black keys
Software Windows 11 Pro
Last edited:

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Used the first one, second already gone. Thanks Pan!!!
That's interesting I used the first one too, and the game has been added to my library too.

Thanks

WOW. Delta Force! I had completely forgotten about that game. I just watched a video on it and remembered thanks to your post.

Yeah Delta force Black hawk down is my favorite.

Ahhzz

Staff member
Thanks for the read, RCoon. Looks like it might be fun: I'll give it a download and dig in :)

Ahhzz

Staff member
Jumped in last night, played for an hour or two.... Got my MVP for a game, but we got slaughtered heheh. Got in one this morning, and managed to win a round or two, but still lost overall. Enjoying the game, nice that it's not totally spray-n-pray, although you still see the CoD toob-noobs hopping by reflex here and there. Point system is fun, but I didn't like getting bumped from my Rifleman duties not being quick enough to click. Still, enjoying it. Thanks again @Pan :), and @RCoon for the info!

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Rcoon you need to get your boys and take on Deez Nutz in BF4.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Rcoon you need to get your boys and take on Deez Nutz in BF4.

Don't have premium, so I'd be limited to standard maps (don't feel like paying for premium this late in its life), although my brother has it, so I could join Freedom and him at some point. Unfortunately I don't get a lot of spare time for other games.

Don't have premium, so I'd be limited to standard maps (don't feel like paying for premium this late in its life), although my brother has it, so I could join Freedom and him at some point. Unfortunately I don't get a lot of spare time for other games.
You miss nothing tbh. The engine has very nice graphics and awesome audio, but it also has a 10Hz serverside tickrate, which is a bad joke (seriously). I would give it 10/10 if it would be a cutscene, but as an online fps, it's a failfest if you are an oldshcool PC gamer. (sorry if somebody likes bf4 here, these are just my two cents, no insult intended)

Ahhzz

Staff member
Oh, it's not exactly overwhelming with in-your-face high detail and "all that jazz", but for a change from the bunny hopping, spray and pray, take 50 hits to the torso before I go down, I like it. I like choosing my loadout and tweaking it, and I like the challenge....

Oh, it's not exactly overwhelming with in-your-face high detail and "all that jazz", but for a change from the bunny hopping, spray and pray, take 50 hits to the torso before I go down, I like it. I like choosing my loadout and tweaking it, and I like the challenge....
I was watching the kid playing Insurgency, and (as far as one can tell by watching only) it's a good game. Source does it job beautifully and the devs didn't go down on the "let's make a blockbuster dumb shooter" road. I will definitely play it when I can get my mates together at the same time.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
Finally played a little bit of Insurgency last night with @TRWOV, thanks to @stinger608 for hooking me up with the game.

The game was fun. My first 3 impressions:

1) the game, especially the menus, are somewhat difficult to navigate, not intuitive. It took me a while to figure out what I was supposed to do just to start playing, and then it took a while to figure out weapons and such.

2) as @RCoon said, the is unforgiving when hits and death; you die incredibly fast in this game. Only once did I escape after receiving a few hits, and I attribute that to the map, which brings me to point 3...

3) I played a night map with rain, and it was extremely difficult to see. The light maps seem fine with visibility not bring an issue, but the dark maps are terribly dark, took getting used to.

All in all, I'm looking forward to playing some more. I think the game would be a lot of fun with. A full server, but last night was scarce playing. I hope the game doesn't die too soon

Also, great review @RCoon :toast:

Processor Core i5-10400
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
First kill was mine :toast:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Processor Core i5-10400
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
As manofthem said, the menus could use more work although I guess that you'd get used to them after a day or two.

The dark maps are a pain to play on IMO. There's the flashlight attachment but that's like signaling out your location to everyone.

Weapons have a lot of recoil so anything more than three shot burst is just wasting ammo. The spray and pray tactic doesn't seem to work very well (MoT survived a full magazine from my AKM). Not your usual CoD.

I still don't know how you got me on the stairs. :mad: Silent as a ninja fart. :respect:

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Man, I was going to try and play tonight, but I am just totally used up from the day. :shadedshu:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Man, I was going to try and play tonight, but I am just totally used up from the day. :shadedshu:

I hear you. Long night at the hospital with the wife (she's fine, just sucking to be preggo ;)), so my hopes of getting into it are pretty much nil tonight.

As manofthem said, the menus could use more work although I guess that you'd get used to them after a day or two.

The dark maps are a pain to play on IMO. There's the flashlight attachment but that's like signaling out your location to everyone.

Weapons have a lot of recoil so anything more than three shot burst is just wasting ammo. The spray and pray tactic doesn't seem to work very well (MoT survived a full magazine from my AKM). Not your usual CoD.

I still don't know how you got me on the stairs. :mad: Silent as a ninja fart. :respect:

Yes, the recoil is pretty dreadful, learned that pretty quickly. And I don't know how I got away that time either, was shocked when I wasn't dead :laugh:

Maybe it's my ninja farts ;) :roll:

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
my fave game atm this so i might be able to shed some light on the issues you found.

sliding is halted by any incline, step, or object higher than where you are. this makes the sliding feel broken at times. but trust me, it is much better than when you saw people sliding up things :D

hip fire has a small free look area which most do not notice, this is why you think you are aiming at something only to find your sights are off when you aim down them. they are not you just think they are.

bots are so good and bad at the same time xD but as you say with a few mates it can be some much fun to play against them.

the best part about it on the whole imo is that you are only as good as your last game and even those with 1000s of hours in game have no real advantage in equipment terms over the fng.

now they have fixed the theater system more custom servers are popping up and thanks to one of the players the sourcemods are now getting ported to ins so you get some of the things you mentioned.

1911 is coming in the next update btw :)

it came out in the public beta last night :D

edit

games is mostly cpu bound, i never see less than 90fps on the same settings with my box <<<

Processor Core i5-10400
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Who put all that velcro on the door frames? :banghead:

And yeah, the slide only works on flat ground.