• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ever since I updated to the latest version of Java, I've been having memory issues.

mrfirestorm

I updated to the latest version of Java, and well now in my process list there are a large number of Javaws.exe blanked out, just taking up space, Is this a memory leak? Also a new Javaws.exe opens every few seconds then just becomes unusable, stacking all of them up more and more. I've asked because my computer started to run a lot slower ever since I updated and my cpu has been at a higher percent as well.

Anyone think they can help?

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 517

mrfirestorm

Well hundreds of copys have been deleted, but I guess that was not the issue, I still have a insanely high memory usage out of no where :/

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 870EVO // Samsung 840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
Uninstall JAVA and all old versions of JAVA , then run CCleaner (be careful with what boxes are checked), reboot and reintall JAVA from JAVA. DO NOT use third party sites. Go directly to the source.

A Malware scan and Virus scan may be in order as well.

If that doesn't work then maybe some memory has gone bad and you need to run a scan on the memory.

Last edited:

mrfirestorm

Thanks for the help! how do I go about scanning memory? I'm kinda terrible with this stuff.

While this did help a little bit, not too much. I'll also run a virus scan soon.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a similar problem when I updated version 8 r 31 from version 8 r 25 the other day.
If you look at the reliability monitor output (pictured below), my trouble of slow downs, install errors, and other misc. stuff started on the 20th, right after the update.
And, it went downhill from there.
The uninstall of the older version did not go right per the monitor.
So, I un-installed it all, cleaned everything out, and re-booted. After start-up, I installed it fresh... so far, no more trouble.

java8.png

Goodluck; and, I hope it works out for you.

Processor Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz LGA 1150 84W
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H87-D3H LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI
Cooling CPU - Cooler Master Hyper T4 / Case - cooler master 120mm rear case fan (Air cooling)
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) GTX1060 6GB
Storage Samsung 512 GB 840 PRO SSD Main Drive and Samsung 512 GB 840 EVO SSD Backup Drive
Display(s) ASUS 23" LED Monitor
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 (silver & black)
Audio Device(s) (onboard audio) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply CORSAIR SU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
Software Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit Edition
Uninstall JAVA and all old versions of JAVA , then run CCleaner (be careful with what boxes are checked), reboot and reintall JAVA from JAVA. DO NOT use third party sites. Go directly to the source.

A Malware scan and Virus scan may be in order as well.

If that doesn't work then maybe some memory has gone bad and you need to run a scan on the memory.

I would add that just before you run ccleaner, after its uninstalled manually open the programs directory (both of them) and in your hidden user appdata folders look for and delete any remaining java or sun folders found there. any corrupted files or things that don't belong there might still be left behind after running the uninstall so I like to go check anyway.

if there is still a folder there then uninstall didn't get rid of everything, which can happen quite often with some things, so you need to do it manually.