• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MP4 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
Hey all,

Just got back from a snowboarding trip in CO, and one of the files that has probably my favorite video that I took with my gopro is corrupted. No idea why only this one got corrupted. It seems like all the data is there, and this is the only 1 of the 30+videos that had the error happen. I tried a website mp4repair.org and it repaired it but wants $21 for me to download it. Anyone know of a tool that I could install that could repair the video?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/c00d11b1 That is the error message I get when I click on web help in WMP. Thanks :)

Just my 2 cents... http://www.videorepairsoftware.com/how-to-fix-broken-files-mp4.html
Hope it helps :)
EDIT: Don't think it's really worth it - 120 bucks for the full version? It might work in the trial edition, tested virus-free, but check out this YouTube link HERE before you get going... If you ask me, kinda suspicious! Searching for "mp4 video repair" turns up a lot of that dubious stuff...
If this video is important to you, might as well go for the program you mentioned - unless somebody else here knows about something :)

Last edited:
System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
I gave that program a try last night and it said my corrupted file wasn't the right format..... Although all gopro files are mp4 and the videos before and after were just fine haha. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try it again using a bunch of different reference videos and see if that fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.