• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI GS30 w/Dock...advice and help, please

System Name My rig
Processor i7 3770k 3.5
Motherboard Gigabyte UD4H
Cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120M Push/Pull
Memory 8GB G.SKILL Ares Series (2 x 4GB) 1866 Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX780 GDDR5-3GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC Graphics Card - GV-N780GHZ-3GD
Storage Corsair Neutron 256 GB SSD/Western Digital 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
Display(s) ASUS 24" IPS 60Hz
Case Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Arctic White
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair Professional Series AX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold
Software Windows 8.1/Adobe Creative Cloud/Steam/Origin/UPlay
Hello,

I am looking for a laptop for work (web development and graphic design). I am also a PC gamer. I am also in the market for a tablet. I came across this:
MSI GS Series GS30 Shadow-001 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4870HQ (2.50GHz) 16GB Memory 256GB SSD Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 w/ GPU Dock...with a bonus free gift MSI R 290 for $1899.

Is that a good deal? Does anyone know about the quality of this thing? It looks amazing to me. I can game at home and just bring the laptop to work and hook it up to an external monitor. I am pretty sure the Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 will work well for Photoshop and Illustrator. And, when I get home and I don't want to game, I can lounge on the couch or the bed and browse, download and/or watch Netflix and shows. That takes care of my tablet needs, since it really is the size of an ultrabook/tablet. It kind of kills three birds with one stone.

I am ready to pull the trigger on this thing because I think it can do everything that I need. Plus, I already have a Gigabyte Windforce 780 GHz Edition, so I can sell the r290, which makes it a pretty good bargain.

What do you all think?

Thanks!