• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

450mph Jet Reaction tested on beach ahead of record attempt later this year

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
What may eventually become the world's fastest vehicle on two wheels has been tested on the sandy beaches of Wales.

The Jet Reaction vehicle is powered by a turbojet engine and is capable of reaching speeds of up to 450mph (645km/h).

While those speeds were not reached during the test at the weekend, the team are now preparing to make an attempt to break the world record later this year in Utah.

Look theres me...just to the right of the bike. This pic is of the second run on Sunday. I had a nice chat with Richard Brown the driver and he explianed the main problem they have is wind problems causing them to cancel several expensive testing sessions. They run with 3 wheels so at least they can test the propulsion system.

The helicopter engine sounded amazing and the blast from the afterburner was seriously impressive. The test this weekend was to test the afterburner.
Richard told me he had no intention of exceeding 200mph on the beach. For the record attempt in September the bike will run with 2 wheels, Richard told me the "third" wheel will be a spare.

Here is a newspaper piece and vid
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ed-beach-ahead-record-attempt-later-year.html

I made a vid of the third run and put it on YT oh yes....3 people have watched it :clap: well 2 cos i watched it once. Hope you like my shoes.

20150523_114941.jpg
20150524_151009.jpg

20150524_151406.jpg
20150524_151547.jpg
20150524_151758.jpg

All sorts of other machines blatted down the beach
20150524_165219.jpg

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I'm still wracking my head around two wheels that fast on sand....I'd expect the tyres to dig in and all sorts of dramas

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
Traction is a big problem for the bikes, the bikes pick up speed steadily through the gears or they "snake" up the sand, slick tyres offered better traction .
At the drivers briefing they were all instructed to make a sighting/ familiarisation run. The riders then joined a queue and they set off as soon as the track was clear....it was epic

Jet reaction travelled in a dead straight line as the rear wheel is not powered, the machine is pushed forward.

There was non stop action, not a single accident during the whole 3 days. I am pretty sure a Hayabusa reached the highest speed for the weekendbut the PA system was about 5 ks away so i couldnt hear it

I had a chat with this guy too, he took his road legal C90 to 120 kph

20150524_151847.jpg