• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 880M timeouts @70°C : Is this a hardware or software problem ?

Dear forum readers,

I need some help here, I get frequent TDRs running Euro Truck Simulator 2, despite it not being very demanding. My GPU never gets to 100% power, and peaks around 70°C.

My series of TDRs began when I started Lichdom Battlemage last 12th of june. After that, I experienced many TDRs and/or microfreezes while playing ETS2, which was playing smoothly before. But the thing is, last time I had played ETS2 was in january, and there have been changes in the meantime, among which Nvidia driver updates are not the least, and probably not the better either...

So I was wondering, is there a way to tell if my hardware has problems here ? I suspect my GPU suffered from the Lichdom Battlemage sessions, but not 100% sure because all those driver problems. Is there anything I can do to be sure ? I have uploaded a GPU-Z sensor log of the gaming session, which ended with a TDR, but I didn't see any other PerfCap reason than "Util" (16)...

Thanks for your advices !

Attachments

• GPU-Z ETS2 TDR.txt
    627 KB · Views: 365