• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Build.Preperation for Intels new line-up(upgrade) till release.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Hello TPU,

I'm beginning a new build to prepare for Intels "skynet" or "HorsePond" or whatever They're naming they're new CPU. My Current build is based on the Z-68 Chipset...I Personally Love to Vicariously live through other TPU members, and watch as their builds take shape..So I thought I would post the progress of this newest build, for anyone who enjoys the same. I'll Do My best to provide High quality images, for ALL new components, and significant steps along the way.I'll Also provide images of My Current build so You can see what it is that I'm coming from, and just to have something to post for eye candy. My build schedule will be as follows....By the end of this week, several parts will be ordered...and I'll LIKELY be adding them into MY current build and use them as "upgrade" parts until I acquire the new CPU. After that , I'll need to save up over the month,(I have a Mortgage, and kids to feed) but I anticipate that I'll have this Bad boy finished for September. So...If You wanna come along for this month(ish) long ride, Please do , and enjoy(Any advice is Welcomed,but not required..I am an experienced builder, and just wanted to share My joy of the Build). Now I'm gonna shut down, and unplug this ole' Girl so I can get DEEP up inside her with the Camera ;)

System Name not done yet
Processor I5 10400
Motherboard msi h410 pro
Cooling 212 evo, 5x 120mm
Memory patriot viper 2666 ddr4
Video Card(s) xfx rx570
Storage 500gb crucial p5 m2 , 525gb crucial mx300, 3.5 7200 seagate barricuda 2tb
Display(s) 42" 120hz 3d led LG
Case rosewill line
Audio Device(s) onboard realtech 5.1 (yamah rxv373, jamo speakers)
Power Supply thermaltake gx2 600w gold
Mouse logitech m510
Keyboard microsoft
Software windows 10
Benchmark Scores 1410 in un heaven, not useless yet
I'd wait and see dude, difference in price/performance between ddr3/4 and real world ipc gains from the new core before I'd retire a 4.5 2500k.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
I'd wait and see dude, difference in price/performance between ddr3/4 and real world ipc gains from the new core before I'd retire a 4.5 2500k.

Either way...Im buying the parts apart from the Motherboard,and CPU this week...so no matter what happens, Im not cornered in...Im making NO socket specific purchases until After I see what the new lineup offers..this isnt My first rodeo ;)...thanks though

it will be an "upgrade build" until i buy the CPU, and accompanying parts..

Anyhow..Heres the Old Girl. Built in 2010..Aside from the GPU, which has been switch From a 6950 to a 7870Ghz, ALL is from the original build..OH and and added 850EVO 500Gb.

I've heard SO much trash talk about that CX600 Corsair over the last year..from it NOT having "japanese capacitors" to other "inferior part" accusations...To all those who say they are poor PSU's...if you consider a PSU that You can buy for Sub $60usd...that will Silently power a i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz..along with All of My other components 24/7 for 5 years without incident and STILL be running PERFECT...of "poor Quality" your crazyo_O.

The CPU cooler You see , is one of the Corsair H-70's that when i bought it, was one of the Few AIO H2O loops on the market...The pump is SO quiet on that thing I have NEVER heard it EVER.I hope its actually running, but I have a feeling I'd know if it wasn't ;) .(older ones have the Ribbed Tubing)

The case is a Thermaltake Commander, which $35 price tag be dammed, Has excellent Cooling , and Airflow, when set up by someone who knows what they are doing.
It has some automobile emblems on the front,(My roommate @ the time of the build was an autobody mechanic, and I thought they looked pretty sharp).

Kingston Hyper Blue 1333 9-9-9-24 i believe . 16Gb's of it.

The MoBo is. Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 <<when I bought it, Asrocks Support team was basically Run by using Google translate, but I loved theyre boards and still do, Im glad Ive stuck with them over all of the years and builds Ive done.

So thats basically it...I wont post what I'm going to be buying this week, as I think it'll be better left a surprise ;) .. but As I'm getting older , I find that I FINALLY have the means to Buy the parts I want,. and Not have to build around My budget...I get to build what I want Finally FFS.
until the Next update then , thanks for checking it out. See ya!.

Last edited:
System Name not done yet
Processor I5 10400
Motherboard msi h410 pro
Video Card(s) xfx rx570
Storage 500gb crucial p5 m2 , 525gb crucial mx300, 3.5 7200 seagate barricuda 2tb
Case rosewill line
Mouse logitech m510
Keyboard microsoft
Software windows 10
What are you planning on buying in the meantime? New case, psu? Just curious. I would have waited myself(for 14/16nm) if my phenom 2 hadn't died.

Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
What are you planning on buying in the meantime? New case, psu? Just curious. I would have waited myself(for 14/16nm) if my phenom 2 hadn't died.

IM NOT buying the CPU until After launch...I want to see what they are like...So , it will be an upgrade build until then. as for what i am buying, im keeping it under wraps until I have them in hand...for the suspense

Last edited:
System Name not done yet
Processor I5 10400
Motherboard msi h410 pro
Video Card(s) xfx rx570
Case rosewill line
Mouse logitech m510
Keyboard microsoft
Software windows 10
Cool, heard the rumors that non k(or whatever they decided to call em now) will OC? bclk anyway?