• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU staff **close this thread please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
close this thread.

Last edited:
System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
Never bought from there I buying from CJS-keys.com so far no problems bought around 10 games in last half year. But I did have consideration to buy from G2A in past but looks like I did a right call and didnt make any orders from em a wont in future. Thanks for letting ppl know.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
Never bought from there I buying from CJS-keys.com so far no problems bought around 10 games in last half year. But I did have consideration to buy from G2A in past but looks like I did a right call and didnt make any orders from em a wont in future. Thanks for letting ppl know.

you're very welcome, MOST people just from visiting the Mainpage can tell that its a "sketchy" company immediately. I mean, when games that are $30 anywhere else, are listed @ $8 you KNOW something is up. I hope they get they're deserved karma in the end.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
My only question is, if you buy a lot of game keys, surely you must have bought some at a good price (IE: reasonable but not unrealistic) with no such problems before. So why don't you just stick with those places instead of shopping around in what is often times a volatile key market?

Especially since you claim to know it looks like a sketchy site at first glance. You base literally ALL of your skepticism on their prices, yet it appears that is the primary reason you gambled on them.

My general rule of thumb is, if it's less than half the full price at release, it can't be trusted. Wanting to push your luck and get unreasonably low prices is why such sites exist in the first place. Even if dozens of people that get burned put up several posts about it on forums all over the net, they'll still get suckers to buy from them on price alone.

What I'm saying is, if you don't put a large part of the blame on yourself for falling for it despite your skepticism, you may make the same mistake elsewhere. There are plenty of ways a site can deceive people, even with ridiculously low prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
do people not know how things work? have you ever opened the origin store with a thailand proxy? how about steam regional pricing? https://steamdb.info/sub/40085/ MGSV is officially $20.49 in russia

the logistics of a global market doesnt mean things cant be trusted, although first people have to confirm region locks

g2a has 2 sets of prices, theirs (i think?) & 3rd party market sellers, so which one did you buy?

regardless of that, console DRM is a nightmare so i wouldnt trust keys unless i knew the regional source... my friend that happened to live in usa for some months ended up having 2 psn accounts due to sony locking down ps+ codes to the country they're sold in (this isnt even about key sites, it's just getting cards from best buy)

as for support requests, g2a ended up quite popular... with average joes, so what do you think will happen.... support will be flooded... well maybe all support at every company is flooded, so it's in everyone's interest to make short concise sentences or bullet lists, HOW is a LONG paragraph like THIS going to be EA$Y to READ? there are even douchebag customers that try to make long winded posts or scam the store, it's going to be a problem to potentially appear like them

so in the end, you got the refund? that's good... i've seen people that didnt, i was on a youtube about CJS the other day & he made multiple awkward mistakes that made him appear like a scammer, so he ended up with a bad time with support yet blamed the store ( youtube .com/watch?v=kX9qloxLKpk you can see my comment)

TLDR: keep support requests SHORT almost like programming logic, dont bother with console codes due to extreme regional restrictions unless you know the source of the code, research steam regions per game & maybe even make friends in different regions

Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
My only question is, if you buy a lot of game keys, surely you must have bought some at a good price (IE: reasonable but not unrealistic) with no such problems before. So why don't you just stick with those places instead of shopping around in what is often times a volatile key market?

your right, its all my fault.what was i thinking? nevermind everyone, it turns out it was just me being an idiot.

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
@jboydgolfer What you've gone through sounds like a very frustrating nightmare and the kind of shit one really doesn't need. :( I get that it's "only" $7, but it's the principle, isn't it - why let them get away with it? I'd take it to the bitter end too.

I've read quite a few horror stories about dodgy key resellers ripping customers off, enough to never want to touch any of them or try a grey import trick with proxies or whatever and I've never had a probem.

I only buy Steam or Origin games nowadays, plus www.gog.com for DRM-free games. To ensure I won't be caught out, I either buy direct from Steam, Origin, gog or www.amazon.co.uk as a reseller and that's it. I've bought over 200 games this way and every single activation has worked, first time. I recently bought FIFA 15 from Amazon for half price which activated on Origin without a problem. I got a Battlefield 3 code in a sealed envelope as a special offer when I bought my 2700K CPU back in 2011 and that worked on Origin too.

For games such as the Call of Duty series, I like to have the box to display on my shelf, plus it's usually a bit cheaper off Amazon, so I buy it there. I then open the box, stick the key into the Steam client and download it, not bothering to first install it from the out of date discs in the box. Again, never had a problem.

To avoid this headache in future, I can only recommend to you what I do myself above, as anything else has a certain amount of risk attached to it. Hope you don't go through this again.

EDIT: I see you've deleted your OP and want this thread closed for some reason. Shame. :ohwell:

Last edited:
System Name BlueKnight
Processor Intel Celeron G1610 @ 2.60GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PH (rev. 1.0)
Memory 1x 4GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz (Kingston KVR13N9S8/4)
Video Card(s) Onboard
Storage 1x 160GB (Western Digital WD1600AAJS-75M0A0)
Display(s) 1x 20" 1600x900 (PHILIPS 200VW9FBJ/78)
Case μATX Case (Generic)
Power Supply 300W (Generic)
Software Debian GNU/Linux 8.7 (jessie)

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Status
Not open for further replies.