• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD R7 M260 NOT WORKING

Yker

Hello, I have purchased this HP Pavilion 15 that comes with APU A10-5745M and also has a AMD R7 M260.
Whenever I play games or use any application, no matter how heavy or it can be run or not, everything is handled by the APU and its integrated graph card but the R7 card has never worked.
amd.png
I used the GPU-Z to track it, and despite I was running a game, which in the AMD catalyst control center I set to be high performance so the R7 card would be used, it is still doing nothing, while the HD 8610G is handling the job. Those are the readings I get which makes no sense.
The drivers were alread reinstalled and updated. so, Any ideas on how to make it work or test it or make it primary card?

Yker

I think I fixed it, updated the AMD BIOS and drivers that are prompt on the HP support asistant panel, and installed the most recent version of AMD catalyst center.
  • Then ran a complete uninstall of the AMD Catalyst center with drivers and everything (making sure the PC did not recognize any of the graphics card on the Device Manager in the Control Panel)
  • And then, reinstalled the beta version of the AMD Catalyst Center.
  • Magically it now works. Gpu-z does read information from the AMD R7 M260, and runs the games with that card when it is asked to (The performance and quality improvement is noticeable)
Not quite sure why this happened now, it might have been that Im now using Windows 10 and reinstalled everything based on that. Before, I had Windows 8.1 and did this same procedure it did not work.

Anyway, hope this helps for anybody who has this same issue on this dual graphics notebooks, since I've seen so many people around with this same frustration.

Plustorm

I have the same problem with the A10 5745 M and the R7m260 graphic card
How do I update the BIOS AMD ?
that version of AMD drivers have installed ? (exactly which version ?)
I hope you can help me

I have the HP Pavilion 15-p001la

Greenowl33

I know this thread is old, but I had this same issue with Windows 8.1 and I wanted to add to the discussion.

So first of all, I realized that, after a few trials, only the oldest pilot on HP support assistant is actually working, meaning that when I uninstalled all my graphic card's drivers, only the sp69161 driver could make my computer recognize both of my GPU without an error. I tried with all the drivers on HP's website and all the one on AMD's website and only this one was working for me.

So I first updated my BIOS, then uninstalled all my GPU drivers, then installed the one on HP's website.
My last step was installing the latest driver on AMD's website, the crimson one, and followed the instructions in this video:
Suddently, both of my GPU were working, a blessed moment

I also realized for some reason that AMD monitor was unable to see my dedicated graphic card working, while GPUz was telling me otherwise, so maybe it was working since the begining and I was just unaware of it
I also experimented a bit and installed all the drivers in chronological order on HP and AMD's website before my last step, not sure if it changed something but I was that desperate.

Don't know if it will help anyone, but It was quite a frustrating issue that I wanted to share