• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VGA Ati Bios unrecognizable: mismatch.

Hello I've a problem I cannot understand. Today my video card won't run. I assume some problem caused by software was happened so I unistalled the driver but I couldn't reinstall it because 0X80040707 errors , so I made cleaning assuming some virus was interfering, but in vain. I tried a manual installation of the driver but the device was not recognized, then I plugged it in another system: same problem. so I imagine an hardware problem, although the VGA is visible from device manager and other diagnostic tools.

so, THE DOUBT.

I used atiflash verifying the ati flash condition: 1 VGA 5 devices are detected from 0 to 4 devices. The vga in object is the HD3850 AGP. It has the rialto bridge and the gpu. No one of the listed device match the real technical information of my VGA (I've another to compare this values).

Here as the adapters ASIC appear:

0 rialto
1 rv7xx (slave)
2 rv7xx
3 r6xx
4 rv6xx

What I can do? I've flashed 1 adapter with success (after reboot I've the same strange list) there are always 5 listed devices. How can this happen an hardware failure or a virus!? Yesterday the vga worked perfectly, today this malfunction has occurred just after the first boot.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
what are the system specs?

is that the only GPU in the system?

what are the system specs?

is that the only GPU in the system?

Yes it is the only vga into the system I've remember that the problem occurred after playing max payne 2 turned off the Pc and rebooting the following day. May a game change the firmware specifications. I uninstalled it before to control eventual virus presence.

Specs of my hardware system: Pentium 4 670 | 2x1 Gb Ocz DDR400|Creative X-fi Xtremegamer pro|Thermaltake thoughpower 750W.