• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Zbook Studio G3 BSOD upon initial reboot using SCCM 2012 R2

Mark Reny

I am using SCCM 2012 R2 to deploy an image to this system. I use this for all other HP devises with no issues. I downloaded and expanded the driver package SP73082 and installed those drivers on SCCM like I have for all other devices. Upon the completion of installing the OS and drivers and at the first reboot the system will BSOD and restart, at which point I attempt to stop the page from changing with no luck. I validated that the drivers were the correct ones, the number of files and folders are the same. I even changed the amount of RAM to see if that was the issue to no avail.
I have validated that the drivers are the correct ones for this model and OS.
I have verified that the drivers are setup correctly within SCCM 2012 and are being pushed out to the system during the installation process.
There is nothing that shows this system is failing to load any of the drivers or that it is having an issue with the OS.
The system once the initial reboot happens continues to BSOD. Even attempting to load in safe mode does not resolve. Loads up to disk.sys and fails.
I used this image today to image a HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G2 with no issues so I know the image is working.

DavidTJ

I am using SCCM 2012 R2 to deploy an image to this system. I use this for all other HP devises with no issues. I downloaded and expanded the driver package SP73082 and installed those drivers on SCCM like I have for all other devices. Upon the completion of installing the OS and drivers and at the first reboot the system will BSOD and restart, at which point I attempt to stop the page from changing with no luck. I validated that the drivers were the correct ones, the number of files and folders are the same. I even changed the amount of RAM to see if that was the issue to no avail.
I have validated that the drivers are the correct ones for this model and OS.
I have verified that the drivers are setup correctly within SCCM 2012 and are being pushed out to the system during the installation process.
There is nothing that shows this system is failing to load any of the drivers or that it is having an issue with the OS.
The system once the initial reboot happens continues to BSOD. Even attempting to load in safe mode does not resolve. Loads up to disk.sys and fails.
I used this image today to image a HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G2 with no issues so I know the image is working.

Hi, I get the same problem on a HP Elitebook 850 G3.
After alot of testing i found out that its the Conexant Audio driver that makes the computer BSOD.
I removed the audio driver from the driver package and the installations runs fine.
I have tried all version of the driver that are available on HP support page and I get the same problem with all of them.