1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2560x1440 IPS 27" LED Monitor on the Cheap!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by erocker, Mar 13, 2012.

1. RadFX New Member

Thanks Received:

I finally got through after a month of trying and got my monitor shipped back for free. Then they waited another 3 weeks to get back to me after emailing them a couple times. I was fed up with them and told them they had terrible customer service, terrible product and terrible something else. A day later they sent me all my $$ back. :D I bought a 4k monitor with a 4 year square trade warranty this time.

2. robert3892

Thanks Received:
    Which 4K monitor did you buy?

3. RadFX New Member

Thanks Received:
    I grabbed the Seiki 39" 4k TV from Tiger Direct. For the price it's a steal. The 30hz at 4k res isn't the greatest, but it's ok as long as your not a perfectionist. You can turn v-sync off in games to get higher framerates unless you can't stand a bit of screen tearing/ghosting (which I personally could care less). Actually who am I trying to kid. 4k gaming even at 30hz is simply amazing. Even older games such as Unreal engine games look better on it.

4. robert3892

Thanks Received:
    I am betting that the next generation from Seiki will support 60 hertz or at least I hope so