• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master MM711

pzogel

Reviewer
Much like the MM710, the MM711 comes with a low-weight ambidextrous honeycomb shell, a PixArt PMW3389 sensor, main button switches rated for 20 million clicks, a particularly flexible cable, and full software customizability, but adds RGB to the mix.

Show full review

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447
I have the non-RGB version of this mouse (MM710). Extremely light and doesn't really get dirty over the 2 months I've used it. It's "taller" than the Razor Viper and Logitech G703, but still comfortable for claw gripping IMO.

Processor AMD R5 3600
Motherboard ASUS X370 Prime Pro
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000Mhz C15 @ 3600Mhz C16
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 FE
Storage 4x 1TB SSD
Display(s) Benq XL2411Z 144Hz + Asus VS24H
Case Corsair 270R
Audio Device(s) Yamaha AG03 + Rode Procaster
Power Supply Corsair AX 650W 90+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight
Keyboard KBD67 Lite R3 (Gazzew Boba U4 + AKKO Midnight)
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I got one of the newer batches of the MM710 and clicks on mine started becoming very mushy (inconsistent, lots of post-travel) after a 2 weeks, it was so bad I had to return it.

I got one of the newer batches of the MM710 and clicks on mine started becoming very mushy (inconsistent, lots of post-travel) after a 2 weeks, it was so bad I had to return it.
That actually sucks to hear man. I was really hoping to grab an MM710 some day since this mouse is so promising

:(
Although a bit heavy, seems like im gonna spend a long time with my G403... Just built like a tank.

stinhambo

I've had the MM710 for a couple of months now and it's been brilliant! I play Fortnite, Gears 5 and some RPG games and the light weight and great shape (I have big hands) have been very comfortable for me. The buttons are still clicky and I haven't experienced any of the mushiness written about above.

Yes I can squeeze the sides really tight and actuate the buttons but I don't see this as a sign of poor build quality as there's no scenario in which you'd squeeze this hard anyway.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this mouse to anyone that asks!

PS. Did you remember to peel off the thin film over the mouse feet? I did and the mouse glides like a boss!

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I've had the MM710 for a couple of months now and it's been brilliant! I play Fortnite, Gears 5 and some RPG games and the light weight and great shape (I have big hands) have been very comfortable for me. The buttons are still clicky and I haven't experienced any of the mushiness written about above.

Yes I can squeeze the sides really tight and actuate the buttons but I don't see this as a sign of poor build quality as there's no scenario in which you'd squeeze this hard anyway.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this mouse to anyone that asks!

PS. Did you remember to peel off the thin film over the mouse feet? I did and the mouse glides like a boss!

CM rep or dead honest? This reads like marketing. Some proof you're an actual customer would be helpful because you gave a lot of useful info nevertheless. But its also your first post. Pardon my suspicion.

Being able to squeeze a mouse means its poorly built, really, because it lacks structural strength. You never squeeze a mouse as a claw gripper? What?

I mean its clear something's got to give to get the low weight number, but that should never be structure... Plastics are bendy, too, so in due time, any sort of 'give' on a mouse will kill it slowly.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, custom tube amp, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
It doesn't glide smoothly and you give it a TPU highly recommended? @W1zzard Just curious but are there any standards at all? It kind of makes the award worthless. I mean if a mouse isn't smooth when you move it, really what's the point... "uneven scratchy glide" is what I am referring to under the cons in review.

stinhambo

CM rep or dead honest? This reads like marketing. Some proof you're an actual customer would be helpful because you gave a lot of useful info nevertheless. But its also your first post. Pardon my suspicion.

Being able to squeeze a mouse means its poorly built, really, because it lacks structural strength. You never squeeze a mouse as a claw gripper? What?

I mean its clear something's got to give to get the low weight number, but that should never be structure... Plastics are bendy, too, so in due time, any sort of 'give' on a mouse will kill it slowly.

I'm being dead honest and no, I don't work for Cooler Master! If the info is useful then take it as it is, I don't feel the need to prove anything, do you ask for proof that negative reviews are made by rival brands?

It's a lightweight structure, if you really squeeze it (like trying to crush someone's hand tightly) then the buttons will actuate but otherwise it's just fine.

If you squeeze your mouse that tightly then you're doing it wrong!

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
It doesn't glide smoothly and you give it a TPU highly recommended? @W1zzard Just curious but are there any standards at all? It kind of makes the award worthless. I mean if a mouse isn't smooth when you move it, really what's the point... "uneven scratchy glide" is what I am referring to under the cons in review.

I dont really take the generally overly positive awards seriously... especially when most of it is 13 in a dozen patchwork of existing gear, I mean, come on, how important is mouse 'innovation' when its been doing the exact same thing for decades. Sensor improvements and numbers but who really knows how to gauge that anyway? 16000 cpi... okay? Its a lot less special or unique than it usually sounds. Similarly we have been having a dozen iterations of perfect sensors... theyre all just fine really. Omron switches... yawn. Its just an OEM. Etc etc

Now the new hype is low weight so everyone starts drilling holes in plastic. Wow! We need this!! ;)

pzogel

Reviewer

The uneven glide is subject to sample variance, that's why it's not weighted as strongly as bad sensor performance (for example) would be, which would affect every unit. I've seen plenty of reports from people who are not affected by it, which gives reason to believe that my sample is a rather rare outlier. Additionally, the scratchiness can be remedied by applying different feet, or by stacking a second set on the existing one (a second set of feet is included in the box anyway). Considering all the other strong points of the mouse I think giving it the 'Recommended' award is warranted overall.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, custom tube amp, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
The uneven glide is subject to sample variance, that's why it's not weighted as strongly as bad sensor performance (for example) would be, which would affect every unit. I've seen plenty of reports from people who are not affected by it, which gives reason to believe that my sample is a rather rare outlier. Additionally, the scratchiness can be remedied by applying different feet, or by stacking a second set on the existing one (a second set of feet is included in the box anyway). Considering all the other strong points of the mouse I think giving it the 'Recommended' award is warranted overall.

fair enough I guess.

Processor AMD R5 3600
Motherboard ASUS X370 Prime Pro
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000Mhz C15 @ 3600Mhz C16
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 FE
Storage 4x 1TB SSD
Display(s) Benq XL2411Z 144Hz + Asus VS24H
Case Corsair 270R
Audio Device(s) Yamaha AG03 + Rode Procaster
Power Supply Corsair AX 650W 90+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight
Keyboard KBD67 Lite R3 (Gazzew Boba U4 + AKKO Midnight)
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
That actually sucks to hear man. I was really hoping to grab an MM710 some day since this mouse is so promising

:(
Although a bit heavy, seems like im gonna spend a long time with my G403... Just built like a tank.

You can make the G403 more lightweight if you remove the weight hatch, the magnets inside the mouse housing and paracord it.
I don't have a precision scale, but I reckon that will bring it down to slightly under the 80g mark.

I wanted to like the MM710, but it had too many niggles that annoyed me. Mine didn't actuate buttons if I squeezed it, it actually felt pretty well put together overall. The feet were pretty awful of course, they're not rounded and pretty thin like the Zowie ones, so either the housing or the ends of the feet scratched on my pad. I remedied that by getting some aftermarket feet which did improve the glide significantly (Tiger Arc 2), but then again companies need to stop trying to save $0.5 and actually put some decent feet in. Also not a fan of the silly feet shapes, I would have preferred something larger (a'la Zowie feet) or smaller (a'la IntelliMouse).
Cable I felt wasn't as good as people make it out as being, the braid on mine kept dragging on my pad, which kind of defeats the purpose, I'd prefer it if manufacturers stopped this braided silliness and just used a thin rubber coating, like the original G203 cable (very thin, malleable and light rubber cable, I prefer it even to aftermarket paracords; new G203 cable isn't as good as the old for whatever reason).
One more issue is the holes in the MM710, they're large and the sides have them too so holding the mouse was pretty difficult for me. I used fingertip grip and my pinky always sat on the edge of one hole so it was fairly annoying and fatiguing for my fingertips to grip it properly. I ended up taping up the sides because the hole texture was just so annoying.
I talked about the buttons above, but initially they did feel very nice and crips, shame the plastic just didn't hold up over time. I play some games where you have to hold down M1/M2 for a few seconds and the mushiness just was too much to handle.
Also the side buttons were annoying to actuate, not enough space between them to delimit them properly from each other making accidental actuation easy and the back button was too depressed in the housing, making it difficult to press sometimes.

If they improve on some of these niggles then the MM710 could be a fantastic gaming mouse, it just needs more robust clicks, slightly raised and better spaced side buttons, no holes on the side even if that adds a few grams, better mouse feet, a thin rubber cable. The Endgame XM1 does a lot of these things right, which is why it's so popular.

Giulius

[QUOTE = "Vayra86, postagem: 4176616, membro: 152404"]
Representante CM ou morto honesto? Isso parece marketing. Alguma prova de que você é um cliente real seria útil, pois você forneceu muitas informações úteis. Mas também é o seu primeiro post. Perdoe minha suspeita.

Ser capaz de apertar um mouse significa que é realmente mal construído, porque falta força estrutural. Você nunca aperta um rato como uma garra? O que?

Quero dizer, está claro que algo tem que dar para obter o número de baixo peso, mas isso nunca deve ser estrutura ... Os plásticos também são flexíveis, portanto, no devido tempo, qualquer tipo de 'dar' em um mouse o matará lentamente.
[/CITAR]

Eu tenho o MM710, para abrir os botoes mais tarde, você tem praticamente quebra do mouse, pois tem muita força, excelente construção e acabamento, se você quer jogar seu mouse na parede e espera que ele resista então, usando o mouse da maneira certa

I have the MM710, to press the side buttons you have to practically break the mouse because it takes a lot of strength, excellent construction and finish, if you want to throw your mouse on the wall and expect it to resist then you are using your mouse the wrong way
Translated with google translator

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I wonder how this would compare to the Logitech G700?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
[QUOTE = "Vayra86, postagem: 4176616, membro: 152404"]
I have the MM710, to press the side buttons you have to practically break the mouse because it takes a lot of strength, excellent construction and finish, if you want to throw your mouse on the wall and expect it to resist then you are using your mouse the wrong way
Translated with google translator

Good to know :toast: You're the second person to say this, I consider that confirmed.

Also welcome to TPU!

Giulius

Good to know :toast: You're the second person to say this, I consider that confirmed.

Also welcome to TPU!

se voce não gostou do mouse beleza, é so parar de usar, agora se tornar hater de alguma marca ou produto só pq uma vez não teve uma boa experiencia é coisa de retardado

if you didn't like the mouse beauty, just stop using it, now become hater of some brand or product only because once you haven't had a good experience it's a retard thing

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
se voce não gostou do mouse beleza, é so parar de usar, agora se tornar hater de alguma marca ou produto só pq uma vez não teve uma boa experiencia é coisa de retardado

if you didn't like the mouse beauty, just stop using it, now become hater of some brand or product only because once you haven't had a good experience it's a retard thing

Ehhh. I'll just chalk that up to lost in translation. Have a good day.