1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2K Games to Publish Gearbox Software’s Borderlands

Discussion in 'News' started by Easy Rhino, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    2K Games announces it will publish Borderlands, an upcoming sci-fi first person shooter from award winning developer Gearbox. The game features a revolutionary content generation system allowing for near endless missions, environments, enemies, weapons, item drops and character customizations. Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K says "Borderlands represents an important evolutionary leap in game design and technology. By utilizing revolutionary new technology to create thousands of unique, randomly generated missions, weapons and situations, Borderlands will raise the bar for next gen action games." Borderlands is set to release Christmas 2008.

Source: gearbox software
  2. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    ...and all that "random generation" is probably written in script... meaning it will be very likely the same stuff will be "randomly generated" over, and over, and over, and over, and over.... again.
  3. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    well gearbox makes good stuff so im optimistic
  4. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, they used "revolutionary" twice and "evolutionary" once in the same paragraph.
    While I am all for new innovations in software, I find this type of "PR Speak" to be rather lame.

I do, however, hope the game lives up to the hype. Good random missions would be nice.
  5. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    ha! i was gonna just post the entire press release but it was pretty over the top with how great gearbox is and yadda yadda so i figured i would just paraphrase.
  6. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    cookie cutter items, but an open ended game is always fun...