1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2nd time windows crash

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SlipSlice, Apr 26, 2007.

1. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK, well in a previous post about 3 months ago, I had this exact same problem. But now I think I know what is going on.

I always use CCleaner..and Cleaner has an issues tab, and can clean your issues out for you. Well there was a new ccleaner to download yesturday and i downloaded it ran issues and turned off the computer. I go to turn it on today and it gets stuck on the windows logo.
    Last time i had to reformat. I really don't want to reformat this time.
    I think i know what it is this time. When i ran the issues i seen something in the description about a windows file. And i might of deleted it. that is the only other thing that I can think of that might be making my computer freeze like that. Is there any way i can get that file back if thats the case?

Or has anybody had this same problem using Ccleaner before?

If somebody knows what it is, please help me out here
    :ohwell:

Thanks
    slip

2. GJSNeptune

GJSNeptune New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've never had a problem with CCleaner detecting and deleting important files. Did you do anything else between installing the new CCleaner and rebooting?

3. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    nope..i am 100% sure that I didn't do anything else but game CS:S and some Rainbow Six:Vegas, then I ran CCleaner at about 10:30 last night, then turned off computer.

So that is why I am sure this time that it is Ccleaner. I am goin to post it on there site under there bugs.. because for some reason I am gettin this only i guess.

If somebody does run by how i could fix this please give me a suggestion. thanks

4. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    now that you know what to be carefull about you won't make that mistake again.

take your lesson to heart and reformat and reload windows