1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

3 power failures & now have problems with bios

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AussieDave, Feb 28, 2012.

1. AussieDave New Member

Thanks Received:
    I appreciate anyone who can help out with my problem. As the subject says, I had 3 power failures in a row & on the 3rd failure, I got an error message about bios problems.
    I fear that damage has been done. I have gone to great lengths to write down all the bios settings in the hope that some kind soul may be able to have a look & tell me if the bios settings are fine &/or if any need to be changed or should be changed.

I have added the doc file to save the forum from being drowned with 8 screen captures of my word file.
    I sincerely appreciate any help / feedback

Attached Files:

2. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    What is the error message that is displayed?
    Your BIOS settings seem to be correct.

AussieDave says thanks.
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Kill the power (unplug it from the wall) and yank the battery out. Let it sit for 20 minutes and put the battery back in, reset the CMOS (shouldn't have too but I always do) and boot it up. See if THAT fixes the issue.

AussieDave says thanks.
  4. AussieDave New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys I greatly appreciate your input & your time taken in reading the doc file.
    @ Conflict0s I think the error message was something along the lines of having a power failure & that bios may have suffered damage.

@ TheMailMan78. My system seems to have no issues & is working as it was before the power failures.

With my bios settings, I have been doing a lot of research, with many mixed results. I have been able to gather that there may be a couple of settings I may be able to lower. IE: the cpu voltage, are there any settings that should be changed to improve performance?
    I have been searching a few forums for detailed information as to how other people who use the same board as me, as to how they have configured their bios settings, & if people who use the same ram as me, as to what ram timings they use.

Many thanks for the replies

5. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    Power failures + PC = SUCK !!!

6. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Wow, did you type that entire doc?

I would reccomend resetting the BIOS and "reloading optimized defaults" and start from there. That motherboard is nice... play with the multi on your 2700K, then mess with RAM speeds and voltages. Best to run up speeds first to failure on stock voltages, then play with increased voltages after that.

And invest in a UPS!!! :)

7. AussieDave New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sasqui
    I appologise for the late reply. I didnt realise it had been that long.
    Now I realise how long I been playing around with settings. It has well & truly done my head in.
    Yes, I did type the whole bios doc, untill I realised I could F12 & do screen captures, but then it bogs the thread with some many captures.
    A UPS is very much high on my agenda. 2 nights ago, I finally got my settings great. Vcore at 100% load with P95 was 1.304v stable for 10 hours into a 12 hour stress test, untill..... yup, you guessed it. A dam power failure, power went off & back on within 10 seconds. Had all my setting written down on paper, but now, I can not find my settings.
    2 days & 2 nights later, I am no better off. The Asus ROG site is down 'AGAIN", so I can post all my captures there & "beg for help"

It is fast getting to the stage, where I am getting close to taking any voltage that shows up & leave it as is. If it goes bang, then so be it lol. I am well & truly over it.

I appreciate your reply

8. AussieDave New Member

Thanks Received:
    the current settings I have at the moment:
    CPU-Z idle 0.984v Load 1.304v
    VID idle 1.0057 - 1.0107 v load 1.3561v

CPU Level Up - 4.6G
    AI Overclock Tuner X.M.P
    Turbo Ratio - All cores mode (Adjustable in OS)
    Maximum Turbo Ration - ( Adjustable in OS) 46
    Internal PLL Overvoltage- Disabled ( I set this to avoid wake from sleep issues)
    CPU voltage (in bios) 1.112v Offset Mode -
    CPU Offset Voltage -0.020v

DIGI+ VRM/Power Control:
    Vcore LLC -50%
    Vcore Phase Control - Optimized
    Vcore Over Current Protection- 100%

CPU Configuration:
    CPU Ratio - Auto
    Enhanced SpeedStep Technology- Enabled
    Turbo Mode -Enabled
    C1E - Enabled
    C3 & C6 Reports-Disabled