• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DUNU SA6 MK2 In-Ear Monitors

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
DUNU is synonymous with its original SA6 six BA driver set of IEMs and people have been eagerly waiting for news of its successor. Today we examine the new SA6 MK2 that aims to build on this winning formula with a refreshed aesthetic, excellent accessories, and an updated sound signature to take on the premium IEM market.

Show full review

Hxx

Sounds like the Xenns Mangird Top are better tuned and cheaper although with not as nice of a cable

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Sounds like the Xenns Mangird Top are better tuned and cheaper although with not as nice of a cable
Tuning can be a subjective preference but overall I'd say the XENNS TOP does it better.

@VSG: In your Conclusion, you note that female vocals can be honky and recessed, and that some instruments recede into the background. Is being recessed the same as moving back in the sound stage? I've noticed the placement phenomenon when I listen to familiar tracks with my Moondrop Blessing 3 IEMs. It's particularly noticeable on tracks in which all the backing instruments seem to shift backwards, leaving a much quieter vocal isolated in front of them.

Another newbie question: Would 'honky' be the same as 'shouty'? I've seen the latter used a lot in discussions of the Truthear Zeros, and I'm still not sure what I should be listening for when I use my Crinacle-tuned Blues. Could you, or perhaps any other forum member, suggest one or two tracks that highlight this shoutiness?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
@VSG: In your Conclusion, you note that female vocals can be honky and recessed, and that some instruments recede into the background. Is being recessed the same as moving back in the sound stage? I've noticed the placement phenomenon when I listen to familiar tracks with my Moondrop Blessing 3 IEMs. It's particularly noticeable on tracks in which all the backing instruments seem to shift backwards, leaving a much quieter vocal isolated in front of them.

Another newbie question: Would 'honky' be the same as 'shouty'? I've seen the latter used a lot in discussions of the Truthear Zeros, and I'm still not sure what I should be listening for when I use my Crinacle-tuned Blues. Could you, or perhaps any other forum member, suggest one or two tracks that highlight this shoutiness?
Yes, recessed here refers to them sounding spatially in the background. Honky on the other hand is more nasally rather than shouty.

Shouty just means vocals sound too loud, sometimes to the point of making you visibly cringe. Try ABBA tracks to help highlight this.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Only by interest, what are your actual near field speaker for reverence?
I don't own them personally but I have access to a pair of Genelec 8351Bs with a subwoofer. I don't really compare to this for IEM reviews though, the statement above was referring to my experience of some sound notes vs. others on the same transducer.

Tests about >good and affordable< "near field speaker" would be great, you have a good analytic style with your ears as personal tool too.
The "Genelec 8351Bs with a subwoofer" are out of my budget, in Germany we have nubert and (behringer for low budget ;)-

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Tests about >good and affordable< "near field speaker" would be great, you have a good analytic style with your ears as personal tool too.
The "Genelec 8351Bs with a subwoofer" are out of my budget, in Germany we have nubert and (behringer for low budget ;)-
I'll do a couple of speaker reviews of products already here and see how they go. Unfortunately I do not have tools to properly measure their frequency response and CSD (they cost almost $100k) so it will be mostly subjective.