• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sea of Stars "Couch Co-op" Mode Teased

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
Sea of Stars, a retro-inspired turn-based RPG, was released last summer—its single-player campaign received rave reviews, and player counts have exceeded expectations. Earlier today, indie development outfit—Sabotage Studios—celebrated another Sea of Stars-related milestone. A "Dance of Five Million Suns" video revealed that their hit title: "has been played by over 5 million people since launch. 5 MILLION. Every new player milestone we hit is absolutely mind-blowing to us. We're thrilled to see that this little world we built continues to connect with so many players around the world." A single-player expansion called "Throes of the Watchmaker" is in the works (launch date unknown), but Sabotage could be releasing a multi-player mode in the near future.

A freshly uploaded teaser video previews an upcoming "3-player couch co-op" update—Sabotage commented on this development: "Dubbed "Single Player+, this mode allows for three players to journey together in Sea of Stars. Staying true to the game's core turn-based roots, each player will engage in traversal and combat with a new 'Co-op timed hits' mechanic as they embark with friends on Sea of Stars' grand adventure. The new mode is currently in development and more details are set to be released soon." The very brief clip—eight seconds in length—features main characters (Zale, Valere, and Garl) navigating elevated islands. Presumably this recording captured Sabotage staffers controlling their playable protagonists.

Watch Sabotage's Sea of Stars 3-player couch co-op teaser:

Sea of Stars is a turn-based RPG inspired by the classics. It tells the story of two Children of the Solstice who will combine the powers of the sun and moon to perform Eclipse Magic, the only force capable of fending off the monstrous creations of the evil alchemist known as The Fleshmancer.

Pre-order the physical editions through iam8bit.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

More couch co-op is always good, glad to see a dev putting effort into adding it to a game post release.

Will bump this game up from another above average indie game to something I'd actually be interested in getting to play with the kids.

System Name Fractal
Processor Intel Core i5 13600K
Motherboard Asus ProArt Z790 Creator WiFi
Cooling Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory 16GBx2 G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96 (F5-6000J3040F16GX2-RS5K)
Video Card(s) PNY RTX A2000 6GB
Storage SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GK950F-B (34"/IPS/1440p/21:9/144Hz/FreeSync)
Case Fractal Design R6 Gunmetal Blackout w/ USB-C
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless/Klipsch Pro-Media 2.1BT
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 850w 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G700S
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows 11 Pro
Neat. Except I already played through it completely and did all 42 achievements.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
Reminds me of Secret of Evermore and Secret of Mana. Really like those kind of games if they have a nice plot.