• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GameSir Unveils the Nova Lite Gaming Controller

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GameSir, a leading brand in gaming peripherals, introduces the GameSir Nova Lite, a revolutionary multi-platform gaming controller that redefines the gaming experience. Featuring cutting-edge technology, including anti-drift Hall effect sticks and tri-mode connectivity, these controllers offer unparalleled precision, versatility, and affordability. Embracing the motto "Just In Game", GameSir is dedicated to providing gamers with a superior gaming experience through its exceptionally cost-effective controllers. The Nova Lite is available for £29.99/$24.99 from Amazon UK, Amazon and the GameSir website.

The GameSir Nova Lite offers an affordable yet exceptional gaming experience. Equipped with Hall effect sticks, analogue triggers, 20 Hz Turbo function and 2 motors in the grips, it caters to gamers' requirements without compromising on performance or quality. The Nova Lite is also featured packed with anti-drift GameSir Hall effect sticks for long lifespan and tri-mode connectivity for hassle-free gaming. The Lite also includes a 20 Hz turbo function with customizable buttons, providing a convenient way to enhance gameplay with faster response times. In addition, the Nova Lite includes a multi-function M button, offering control over vibration intensity, ABXY layout, and sticks' dead zone to seamlessly adjust various settings as and when required with ease.

Nova Lite Product Specifications:
  • Working Platform: PC, Steam, Android, iOS, Switch
  • Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wireless Dongle, Wired
  • Battery: 600mAh
  • ABXY Buttons: Membrane
  • Hall Effect Sticks: Yes
  • Analog Triggers: Yes
  • Rumble Motors: Yes, one motor in each grip
  • Colorway: Stellar White or Space Purple
  • Product Size: 155*104*61 mm / 6.10*4.09.2.40 in
  • Net Weight: 205 g / 0.45 lbs

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix B450-I
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock TF 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800
Storage 480GB MyDigitalSSD NVME
Display(s) AOC CU34G2X
Power Supply 850w
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 5
Stadia controller mold getting some good use.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-36
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
$24 for hall effect sensor sticks? I mean, I'll give it a go for that price.

Cheaper than the wired G7 SE? What kind of black magic is GameSir using?

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
We're never going to get a cheaper PS controller that I don't grind the L3 ball down to a (_)...are we?

I mean, it's that or never (passionately?) run in any game, ever.

That said, I'm glad this exists. The controller market is generally so ridiculously over-priced (imo), and I'm glad to see wireless, hall effect, and rumble on a cheaper unit available to people on other platforms.

I'd give it a go for the Switch (I've never gone beyond the Pro controller, which kind of isn't great for me), but I will defend the symmetrical stick layout until the day I die. (Plus I typically just use it in hand-held).

I'm stuck ponying up $50 pretty much every time the stock dualsense goes on sale (and generally pairing it with a new set of tallest-available Freaks); I don't want to lose rumble/adaptive triggers/wireless (which is a hallmark of anything aftermarket that isn't just a Sony controller ripped apart and replaced with better parts). I'd love hall effect and/or replaceable sticks, but just cannot justify an Edge...although it's getting pretty close to the point I could have.

It's a racket, I tell you. :banghead: :p.

You should see my literal mound of worn-out PS4 controllers. It's absurd. I'd like for that not to have happened again by the time the next four years (or whatever) roll around.

With Sony (perhaps) opening up the PSVR and now porting most of their games to PC, perhaps we will see them open up licensing for 3rd-party controllers with the necessary features available (for PS5 and/or PS5-like effects on PC), but conceivably allowing options on the market that are better built, use a better stock battery, and (perhaps available) cheaper on the back-end (at least compared to the Edge)?

That would be nice.

I mean, if this thing is $30, a DS is $70, and a DSE (or aftermarket DS) ~$200, there's room in there for Sony to still make money (on licensing) and for other companies to make a better/cheaper option than the Edge. I wonder what the volume/margin split on people that would opt for something like that would be (as opposed to those that keep buying a reg DS like me or those that have/will ever buy an Edge)?

Just a thought.

Last edited:
While comparing it to my stadia controller the mold is clearly different, different layout even. But they sure borrowed a lot of their design.

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-36
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
We're never going to get a cheaper PS controller that I don't grind the L3 ball down to a (_)...are we?

I mean, it's that or never (passionately?) run in any game, ever.

That said, I'm glad this exists. The controller market is generally so ridiculously over-priced (imo), and I'm glad to see wireless, hall effect, and rumble on a cheaper unit available to people on other platforms.

I'd give it a go for the Switch (I've never gone beyond the Pro controller, which kind of isn't great for me), but I will defend the symmetrical stick layout until the day I die. (Plus I typically just use it in hand-held).

I'm stuck ponying up $50 pretty much every time the stock dualsense goes on sale (and generally pairing it with a new set of tallest-available Freaks); I don't want to lose rumble/adaptive triggers/wireless (which is a hallmark of anything aftermarket that isn't just a Sony controller ripped apart and replaced with better parts). I'd love hall effect and/or replaceable sticks, but just cannot justify an Edge...although it's getting pretty close to the point I could have.

It's a racket, I tell you. :banghead: :p.

You should see my literal mound of worn-out PS4 controllers. It's absurd. I'd like for that not to have happened again by the time the next four years (or whatever) roll around.

With Sony (perhaps) opening up the PSVR and now porting most of their games to PC, perhaps we will see them open up licensing for 3rd-party controllers with the necessary features available (for PS5 and/or PS5-like effects on PC), but conceivably allowing options on the market that are better built, use a better stock battery, and (perhaps available) cheaper on the back-end (at least compared to the Edge)?

That would be nice.

I mean, if this thing is $30, a DS is $70, and a DSE (or aftermarket DS) ~$200, there's room in there for Sony to still make money (on licensing) and for other companies to make a better/cheaper option than the Edge. I wonder what the volume/margin split on people that would opt for something like that would be (as opposed to those that keep buying a reg DS like me or those that have/will ever buy an Edge)?

Just a thought.

I still have my original ds4 controller and it works perfect after many years and traveling with it to a few countries. I think you might be too rough man, lol

I do have a little stick drift now, but steam let me calibrate that out.

but this has hall effect sensors for only 24 bucks, i'm going to give it a go. my guess its so cheap because its just a robot factory making them, so no wages to pay except robot repairs.

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ @ 3ghz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty NF590 SLI
Cooling D-tek fusion CPU - Ek X1900 - 120.3 Black Ice
Memory 4GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500
Video Card(s) X1900 @ 750/850
Storage 3X Hitachi 500GB 1XSeagate 500GB
Display(s) LG L246WH
Case Lian Li V2000
Power Supply Hiper TypeM 770W
Software Vista Ultimate SP1
Looks good for the price, for wireless and HAL effect.
I got the G7 SE for £10 more on sale, I guess this lacks vibration in the triggers, maybe lacks the 500hz report rate.
Oh and I guess the swappable faceplate which I never really see many of, or for cheap.
But gains a battery and wireless for cheaper.

This is nice and I might get one to try out, but I do wish they offered a PS-style joystick layout too (heck; 85% copy the Stadia controller in earnest). Then I'd be buying them day one.

Now I do wonder if they'll also copy the rest of the Stadia Controller color schemes.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Yah, the color scheme resembles a Stadia Controller but it's not the same mold. I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at a Stadia Controller when they designed it though.

It is priced appealingly. I might buy one, try it out and see if I want to keep it as a backup. I wouldn't be surprised if it outperforms gamepads that are twice the price.