1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

4. Boinc pentathlon 2013

Discussion in 'World Community Grid (WCG)' started by SEARCHER, Mar 16, 2013.

1. SEARCHER

SEARCHER

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

:) Hello Team tech Power Up!,

:) Hello Friends from Team tech Power Up!.

Team SETI.Germany continues it's new invented challenge and invites all BOINC-Teams to participate in the 4.rd BOINC PENTATHLON, following the ideals of the ancient Pentathlon.

It will start May the 5th 2013 (00:00 UTC) and will end May the 18th 2013 (23:59 UTC).

Like in the ancient Greece, the Pentathlon will be held in 5 disciplines. That means within 14 days the participants will have to crunch 5 different projects, all of them for a period of 5 days. That said, you can easily see that some projects will have to be crunched at the same time.

Each team that would like to participate has to sigh up : http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/anmeldung.php?&lang=en until April the 27. th 2013. Like in the last year the favourites in the different disciplines can be chosen by every team on their own. The project that gaines the most voices will be crunched.

A list of the projects that can be chosen from can be found here : http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/25_en_Disciplines.html , but you can also suggest other projects. (But before suggesting other projects, please check if the project and/or their servers would be able to withstand the combined BOINC forces. We do not want to bring any project server down.)

More information can be found here : http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/22_en_Welcome.html

NEW RULES 2013 :

1. All disciplines are now 5 days announced before the start (no more than 1 week)

2. A of the five disciplines is a marathon discipline. It is calculated over the entire pentathlon (or until no longer work units available). The scoring is the same with the other disciplines.

In the last year it was very exciting until the end.

:cool: Many Greatings SEARCHER

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    Chevalr1c, Daimus and [Ion] say thanks.
  2. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for welcoming us--let's see if Chicken Patty decides if he wants to join :toast:

Chevalr1c and SEARCHER say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. SEARCHER

SEARCHER

Thanks Received:
    Hello

:) Good Morning and Hello [Ion],

I send you a very warm WELCOME by us and I hope a lot of your Teamcrunchers enjoy this Event by us. I wish you a very nice and sunny Weekend.

4. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Note: The English version of Ibercivis is hosted at ibercivis.net, not at ibercivis.es; with other words the "rules" page you link to uses the wrong link for that project.

If this team is going to participate in the Pentathlon, I think I suggest we might crunch for:

I | (Will be anounced by the challenge admin 5 days ahead, my guess is that it is CPDN)
    II | DistrRTGen
    III | Ibercivis
    IV | Either one of them, leaving the choice to the Team Captain (Chicken Patty)
    V | NFS@home

SEARCHER says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. SEARCHER

SEARCHER

Thanks Received:
    Hello

:) Good Morning and Hello Chevalr1c,

thank you for your Information and I give quick this Informations to my Team ADMIN.

:cool: Greatings SEARCHER

6. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    I habe geschrieben das als wir teilnehmen, wir würden vielleicht rechnen für die Projecte der ich genannt habe. Es ist doch nicht warscheinlich, umdass der TPU Manschafft offiziell nur für World Community Grid rechnet (doch es gibt einige unoffizielle "TechPowerUp!" BOINC Manschäfften für andere Projekten).
    Meine Vorstellen waren hauptsächlich gerichtet an meiner Mitglieder, für im fall dass Chicken Patty "Ja" antwortet auf Ihrer Einladiung.
    :)

I stated that if we participate we might crunch for those projects. It depends on the team captain whether we will participate. I do not think it is likely though, because this team is WCG only (at least officially, there are unofficial "TechPowerUp!" teams participating in other projects).
    My suggestions were mainly aimed at my teammates, just in case Chicken Patty says "yes". :)

SEARCHER says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    My preference would be to stick with WCG projects for now rather than hopping around on other projects that I'm not optimized for right now.

That said- If our captain and the Team are going in on this challenge I will give what I can :)

My $0.02

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. SEARCHER

SEARCHER

Thanks Received:
    Hello

:) Hello to all,

please not Forget by Discipline 4 you can Crunch for WCG :

4.World Community Grid - CPU (Short Track Speed Skating):

◦Drug Search for Leishmanaisis
    ◦FightAIDS@Home
    ◦GO Fight Against Malaria
    ◦Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2
    ◦Say No to Schistosoma
    ◦The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2

;) It´s up your Team you will crunch at this PENTATHLON, I wait and see.