1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

4 Years Of Hell Ahead

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Gilletter, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomic Rooster New Member

Thanks Received:
    He won't fix it. He'll just use lubricant to make it feel better. :wtf:
    FudFighter and JC316 say thanks.
  2. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I guess people who voted for Bush before are all idiot?
    What I mean is, you really can't say anything yet.
  3. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't be surpised if some neo nazi or kkk member tried to assasinate him (which is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong) but I kinda have this creepy feeling there will be many attempts :(
  4. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh STFU and stop your bitching :D
    if you can put of with 8yrs of bush's bullshit, then you can deal with 4 yrs of obama's
    if he does fuck it up, don't re-elect him
    btw some neo nazi's already had a nice little plot to...dumbass neo nazi's
    FudFighter and farlex85 say thanks.
  5. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's almost like some of you would rather a dictatorship, so long as they are conservative. That way you wouldn't have to worry about somebody you don't like getting into office. Welcome to the democratic process.
  6. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Heh, I'll be honest I don't really like either one of them...

I wont say I'm mad or happy Obama won, but all I can do now is sit back and hope our new leaders actually accomplish something worth a damn... Unfortunately for us, our entire country is business and politics is nothing more, the last president known to tell big business and big money off got killed.

Welcome to the United States of "bull****".

Only thing I honestly wish is that more people would make an actual educated decision on who they vote for.
    I think we should start including tests to vote for a candidate, reasons why and they need to match or your vote doesn't count.
  7. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

TBH, it wouldn't surprise me. I'd hope that "the most tolerant country in the world" would be able to get their head out of their ass and live up to that statement . . . but only time will tell. I'd at least hope for his sake that it wouldn't come to that.

I give him the fact, though, that he tried his best to keep any racism out of his campaign. I'm fully certain he probably faced quite a bit of tripe over the last year or two, but we didn't really hear about it in the media at all.

Well . . . I can't quite say that anyone that voted for Bush was an idiot . . .

anyone that voted for Bush voted for an idiot.
    FudFighter says thanks.
  8. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if I would even say that... Nobody here was in his shoes getting the same information from the same people he was.... Made mistakes, yes, was it due to lack of intelligence honestly probably not.

In our military a 50 million dollar fighter plane is not something we drop idiots into, no matter what your name is, and nobody gets that high in politics by being a moron.
  9. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    tbh i put a lot more blame on bushes advisers, and the senate than i do on bush, granted yes bush was a really shitty president, but it wasn't just all him
    please don't flame me to much :D
  10. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Now that's a little more of an educated statement. Glad to know someone else has their head on right not trying to smash blame all on a president who in their own doesn't have that much power.

Besides lets be honest here, does anyone really know anyone that purposely does a bad job at their career choice?
    Your certainly don't go into politics for the money, it's not that good considering the stress and threats, even with the payoffs.
  11. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    :D I think it's going to be GREAT, Time for change, positive not negative, who has a crystal ball, NOBODY!
  12. OzzmanFloyd120

OzzmanFloyd120 New Member

Thanks Received:
    What's with all of the political threads all of the sudden? People are vomiting so much crap all over here that it's making me hate TPU.
    If you want to move to Canada over the winner of the election then go ahead, if you're closed minded enough where that's the first thing you think then our country doesn't need you here slowing down our government processes.
    kid41212003 says thanks.
  13. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:

I would tend to agree that this should be true - but the numbers of politicians who fanagle their personal projects and other nonsense into various budgets tend to speak otherwise.

I'm still of the thought that if someone goes into office, someone that owns a business, is a big CEO, or has private connections with some kind of company - those ties should be severed for your term. You should have no control over that business, no income from it . . . IMO, it's a conflict of interest. How can you make sound political decisions if it might affect your business, or a company that you have a lot invested into?

well, Bush isn't the only person of questionable intellect that we've allowed into a $50 mil fighter - living around a 50%+ military community, I personally know more idiots flying those FA-18 super hornets, than I have both fingers and toes.

and you've very right, nobody gets that high in politics by being simply a moron - but having very good connections, or good access to money, though, is an entirelly different matter. For some reason, he who spends the most on his campaign, tends to win the bid.
  14. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    I love this country, I only have positive feelings for the new era, so let it rip,

GO USA, we are all one Nation, lets act like it ....

Now i am about to break out into a song,
  15. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's the election craziness. I'm happy it's over and I can go back to being apathetic. :laugh: Hey I actually didn't quite get your point at the end of the last thread before it was locked, were you agreeing with me or giving a reason that what I said was wrong?
  16. OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    I'm happy to see how fast this thread went from a stupid-fest to coherent posts. Touche people.
  17. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    that';s what we need bro! :toast:
    OzzmanFloyd120 says thanks.
  18. OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    If you mean how people tend to be creatures of habit I was saying you're wrong. My dog is a creature of habit, every day she wakes up at five AM and wants outside, then at nine am she wants to eat, then she sleeps the day away until 6pm when she wants to go outside again and then wants to eat and then sleeps again until 5am. That's a creature of habit.
    People on the other hand are complex creatures that can rationalize and take in different stimulis in different ways and adjust properly to cope with that stimulis. if we were all creatures of habit we would all still be living at our parents houses and having parties on the weekends when our parents are away.
  19. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    the ozzman cometh with a mighty wrench to fix this thread :D

im a tad bit drunk right now :D
  20. OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I love political arguments, but I like them to be educated. I fucking hate it when people are like "OH GOD :insert candidate here: DIDN'T WIN! IMMA MOVE TO CANADER BECAUSE I'M A STUPID REDNECK!" People who post like that are probably the same ones who take twenty minutes to order in the drive-thru.:D
    CyberDruid says thanks.
  21. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good points, and true in an evolutionary way we are indeed very adept, cognition has certainly been our boost. Still, think about your daily routine, how much does it vary? Think about particular situations that arise often, how varied is your response? Think about your grandmother's routine, how much does that vary? How different does she think from when she was 20 years younger? It seems that familiarity is very much a comfort to people, and my point was that especially in political and religious arenas people can tend to tread the same ground over and over b/c it is familiar, and easier than re-thinking fundamental beliefs they hold.

Me too, it is a election day.......
  22. CyberDruid

CyberDruid New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm here to help. I hear some sore losers are going to leave the country. I'll be glad to help you pack your bags.

If you have any intolerant bigotted friends you'd like to bring with I'll pack their bags too.

LMK
    FudFighter and das müffin mann say thanks.
  23. OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    I get what you're saying, but I we can stale mate over this all night long. The reason most people stick with one party is because the party will pick their stances and stick with them for generations upon generations. Then all of the sudden here comes Jenny-blue who can't stand the thought of killing babies and votes BASED ON THAT ALONE and votes for Ragen, HW Bush, Bob Dole, GW Bush, and John McCain because they're all pro-life and so is she.
    I think the problem is more of a lack of stimulus over candidates than it is habit because we still only have a two-party system.
  24. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    My friends told me that businesses are gonna basicaly go to hell because they're gonna have to fire people and what not like honestly honestly is there actually something wrong with obama being president i mean, I honestly dont see anything wrong...
  25. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    True, but my point is why do they choose one stance on a subject in the first place? Why does someone come to believe they now firmly believe something and the other side can't be right? On some things this is understandable, on others it seems to me to be habitual thought that refuses to be challenged.

Just tell him we'll see. His proposed tax plan has to make it through congress first, and if it really does mess things up it will be reformed quickly.
    -1nf1n1ty- says thanks.