1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

4 Years Of Hell Ahead

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Gilletter, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    If you really think Bush cared about the lives of Americans then there isnt much else I can say.

I wouldnt invade based on suspicion of alleged possible nuclear weapons. Thats simply schizophrenic behavior. If terrorist wanted to nuke the states they would have.

The only country to drop "the bomb" was the US and they dropped it on civilians.

2. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    you can never make everyone happy but at least try make some people happy, that bush falldown he was just coasting along

forget about should we have should we not have went to iraq because its done and the coalition needs to just get it sorted out

if people hate a man because of his skin tone dont you think its becasue of climate or just genetics, i mean would the majority of sweeds be very light skin toned and a lot of middle easterns very tanned and brown?

USA is a mix of races and skin tones becasue of immigration and well slavery

3. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's been said by some on the inside that Bush wanted something on Iraq. It's likely other factors were skewing his judgment, and he indeed wanted to oust Hussain from the beginning. It was also hinted that the intelligence given was perhaps not fully accurate. It was a mistake through and through, where exactly the mistake occurred is harder to pinpoint, a variety of factors went in to it, and it would seem at least having Sadaam out of power is for the moment a good thing. I don't envy the president, any president. It is an extraordinary amount of responsibility and extremely hard sometimes to see what is right. In this respect no one should fully fault Bush for the problems he has endured. He, I still believe was and is unfit to lead the country though.

4. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    but she did do it with style. Lots of style

5. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    I guess the keyword there was what 'seems' right. The intelligence that president Bush had for going into iraq was poor intelligence and they knew it.

In reference to the theoretical question, why is it the job of the US to police around other nations anyways. People don't like being meddled with. Imagine another question.

You are in a country that is working towards developing new technologies, possibly some of the atomic nature. You are then invaded by another larger nation claiming good will with social and political stability. During the regular bombings in your nations capitol from the outside invaders you lose several family members to collateral damage. How would you feel about the nation 'helping' you?

DaedalusHelios and WhiteLotus say thanks.
  6. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    a view from the third person. Also reference to the bold - because America wants want all people with power want, more power.

7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    One word sums up this election for me. MEH!:ohwell:

SK-1 and das müffin mann say thanks.
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You ask and shall receive. Source No wonder he wants the troops to come home. His own town is under siege. I cant wait to see what happens next. I got a big bag of popcorn for the next 4 years.

Just in case you missed the bottom of the article..

Breakdown of summer shootings by police district:
    • District 1 – Central (Loop, West Loop, Near South Side): 1 dead, 4 injured
    • District 2 – Wentworth (Washington Park, Bronzeville, Fuller Park): 2 dead, 10 injured
    • District 3 – Grand Crossing (South Shore, Woodlawn, Park Manor, Grand Crossing) 13 dead, 24 injured
    • District 4 – South Chicago (Far Southeast Side to Indiana state line): 9 dead, 18 injured
    • District 5 – Calumet (Roseland, Fernwood, West Pullman): 9 dead, 23 injured
    • District 6 – Gresham (Auburn-Gresham, Chatham): 5 dead, 19 injured
    • District 7 – Englewood (Englewood, West Englewood: 11 dead, 46 injured
    • District 8 – Chicago Lawn (most of the Southwest Side): 12 dead, 15 injured
    • District 9 – Deering (Back of the Yards, Bridgeport, Canaryville, Brighton Park): 4 dead, 15 injured
    • District 10 – Ogden (Little Village, much of North Lawndale): 9 dead, 8 injured
    • District 11 – Harrison (Garfield Park, parts of North Lawndale): 11 dead, 25 injured
    • District 12 – Monroe (Near West Side): 1 dead, 2 injured
    • District 13 – Wood (West Town, Ukrainian Village, parts of Humboldt Park): 3 dead, 1 injured
    • District 14 – Shakespeare (Wicker Park, Bucktown, Logan Square, parts of Humboldt Park): 6 dead, 1 injured
    • District 15 – Austin (North and South Austin): 6 dead, 8 injured
    • District 16 – Jefferson Park (Far Northwest Side from Portage Park to O'Hare International Airport): 0 dead, 0 injured
    • District 17 – Albany Park (Albany Park, Irving Park, Avondale): 2 dead, 0 injured
    • District 18 – Near North (Lincoln Park, Gold Coast Magnificent Mile, Near North Side): 1 dead, 5 injured
    • District 19 – Belmont (Lakeview, Roscoe Village, Lincoln Square, North Center): 1 dead, 1 injured
    • District 20 – Lincoln (Edgewater, Andersonville, Rosehill Cemetery, Budlong Woods): 0 dead, 1 injured
    • District 21 – Prairie (Hyde Park, Kenwood Oakland-Douglas, Lake Meadows, Chinatown): 2 dead, 2 injured
    • District 22 – Morgan Park (Beverly, Morgan Park, Mt. Greenwood): 5 dead, 4 injured
    • District 23 – Town Hall (East Lakeview, Uptown): 1 dead, 4 injured
    • District 24 – Rogers Park (East and West Rogers Park): 2 dead, 2 injured
    • District 25 – Grand Central (Belmont-Cragin, Kelvyn Park, Hermosa, Galewood): 8 dead, 10 injured

Oh and here is a geographical layout of your saviors fine work. Super OBAMA! to the rescue

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    And he was a Democrat :laugh:

SK-1 and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
  10. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I haven't seen a single snippet of news nationally or locally (NJ) that says anything about this.

11. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Local Klan made some noise (explosions or insane gunfire) up north I could hear a good 16 miles away. I love Boyertown... :shadedshu

12. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    People who supported McCain seemed to suffer from delusions of grandeur. Anytime someone spoke AT me about McCain in order to get my vote, they seemed to interrupt and completely ignore any sort of response I had when trying to show my reason for supporting Obama. There's a sign right next to a school near where I live, and it says "Obama for president 2008" (and it's a big sign.) On that sign, someone has taken neon spray paint and sprayed "FU*CK OBAMA" (minus the *.) To me, that seems to be REALLY embarrassing. The group of people who supported McCain the most here in Virginia were ignorant and stubborn. When getting drunk at parties, if the subject came up and I asked "Why are you voting for McCain?" 9 times out of 10 the reason was that Obama wasn't white. They didn't know, or care, about any other issue.

There's a reason why McCain lost, and in the next four years, I hope to see some common sense prevail.

DaedalusHelios says thanks.
  13. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I think I might have some clan losers around my area, someone stole every obama sign in my whole neigborhood and put them in the park and it looks like whoever did it pissed on them

mother f*ckers:mad:

14. Ongaku New Member

Thanks Received:
    some jerk put McCain stickers on every car in our parking lot :shadedshu That was fun scraping it off my back window.

15. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Man and I thought the Obama supporters were supposed to be the radical ones. That's just sad, truly sad. :shadedshu

16. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Gimme a break, these kind of things happen after every election. There's whackjobs and assholes who support either side.:rolleyes: Let's all blame Bush or McCain for everything bad that happens anyway.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SK-1 says thanks.
  17. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    my jedi powers sense sarcasm.

18. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was just watching the speeches from last night. Its funny how obama's crowd had enough respect to applaud McCain when Obama mentioned him, but McCain's crowed booed almost the entire time, ranting things.

19. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    You underestimate rural trash. Remember what party was redefined by refusing civil rights for colored'z is the same type of people that will take out there insecurities on the rest of us.

I would say the republicans that get stupid and vandalize the country because of us having a black president are about 1 in 10,000 republicans. It just looks like more people because of the amount of people in this country.

20. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    I have to say I was very impressed by McCain's defeat speach. He showed something in his character and personality - telling the crowd who were booing at Obama to STFU and understand that the country is going knowwhere unless people work together - that did not come across in the campaign. (Note however how spiteful and vindictive Palin was. What a nasty selfcentred piece of work. Legal caveat: commentry based on videoed performance and not based on personal knowledge of the individual).

I suspect that McCain did a lot worse than he could for two simple reasons:
    1./ A huge handicap by being the defending party as the current administration
    2./ Too many "strings" being pulled that took McCain out of character. McCain's probably a good guy, just not the right guy at these times.

CHANGE is certainly coming. Let's all hope the change is good for everyone. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees on the direction and success of this change. Let's see. I hope he has a good security team, and I hope he gets a fair chance. :pimp:

21. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    simply because one passes those tests (which I've seen the study guides for countless times - my father was a computer technician on the F-14s for 20 years of his life) does not mean that on has common sense.

and around here, and the majority of other rednecks I grew up around - no common sense = moron.

It's one thing to be book smart, but it's another thing all together to decide to go smoke around a ton of acetylene bottles; or ride a crotch-rocket at 160MPH down the highway on a windy day; or pick up chicks from an all-ages night at a local club (it was bad enough around here we had billboards for an anti-underage dating campaign from the state,"Isn't she a little young?", as well as the Navy making certain clubs and bars here 100% off limits to active duty personnel) . . .

I guess, though, there's simply a mis-interpretation of words; like I mentioned, I use the term "moron" for those that show a habitual lack of common sense - I'm not implying that they're intellectually dumb . . .

I'm sorry, but that got me to laugh.

Not saying air force pilots don't know all that much - it was the comment about race car drivers.

Haven't spent much time around NHRA teams or NASCAR teams, have ya? It's not like formula or LeMans racing where the driver is simply that - drivers of stock cars and funny cars tend to come from mechanical backgrounds, or came into it through the family and still spent years working around the mechanics of their cars.

Most race car drivers can tell you with near 95% accuracy what ailments are besetting their motors while going down the track. They know their vehicles inside and out - anytime that a vehicle is replaced or altered, they spend time getting acquianted with it.

Racing is not an easy task, it's very physically demanding.

22. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I don't appreciate anyone calling people trash because they don't live in a city. Yeah, it's the same party that wanted to adopt the "gold-standard" way back when too, I think the mindset has changed a great deal about civil rights and the gold standard, well most of us have forgotten all about that by now, just as we will forget about the stupid notion that some people are lesser beings because of their skin color. All types of people are insecure and stupid, the fact that they are categorized by political affiliation is very short sighted. I'd say you are close with 1 in 10,000.

23. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I think everyone needs to take a break from politics for a few days. I've been watching a couple threads and there seems to be a number of ruffled feathers. It has been an exciting elections season, but it is over now and we all have to live with the consequences for better or worse. This does not, of course, mean you cannot discuss politics in the future, but let us allow tensions to cool for a while.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008