1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

4170 vs. 4350

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ravenas, May 11, 2013.

1. Brickstin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry off topic

Whats your config? just curious sorry if off topic.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    It listed in my specs. But I just added another 7950
    <<<
  3. Johan45

Johan45

Thanks Received:
    @ Brickstin

I checked out you manual which only talks to Hybrid Xfire but it looks to me like you could use 1+2 or 1+3 slots.
    I do wonder thogh if you were going to spen $250 why not just get 1 good card?? like a 670 or 760 or 7870 or 7950. These are all great cards. Less headaches and less heat. Just my opinion..
  4. Brickstin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Found single Non SLI one

wait.. those look like nVidia Model Numbers.. Can you link me those?

and Hybrid xFire? I havent even had the chance to glance at the manual .. x.x I've been to busy off line.

Did anyone else also get a chance to confirm the board I bought is a 6+2 Phase?

Because if it's not then I think I royally screwed my self over x.x
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  5. Johan45

Johan45

Thanks Received:
    GTX670 or GTX760 just do a search at newegg.
    As far as the power phasing I cannot find anything definate excet that the original versions were 4+1+1 phase.
  6. Brickstin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol

I Contacted BIOSTAR... I swear to God.. this guy was an idiot I asked him if he knew if the motherboard I got if he knew what phases this thing had: he didn't even know. I was like.. UM.. ok...

Where did you find that information? Please point me in the right direction?

Is it in the manual? I am reading it now. on the first few pages so far. : )
  7. Johan45

Johan45

Thanks Received:
    Someone took some time and put together a list here for Mobos and phasing. Like I said the original is listed there but there wasn't any info I could find on Ver5. Judging by the pic it was hard to tell for sure but it still looks like 4 phase to me.
  8. Brickstin New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh dang...

Darn.. those phases... well since its only 4+1+1 phases and stuff.. looks like I wont be able to do much over clocking on this thing then.. x.x

Well im just going to set the Vram speeds ect and all that crap to its main stock speeds.

Might throw the core into turbo mode anyways; and set the HT link to its proper speed if its safe loaded.

I'm going to get a more powerful watt Power supply to support this.

I also found this.. the 4350 has better core performance for its watt usage!

So that CPU will be more stable then the older model: I am ordering it tonight :3

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-FX-4350-vs-AMD-FX-4130
    I cant figure out if the 3570's North Bridge Frequency controller is:

the 4170 is is 2.2 GHz

Does anyone have any information on the North Bridge Frequency on the 4350?

I couldn't find it on CPU-world.
  9. Schmuckley

Thanks Received:
    If you mean cpu/nb, probably about 2400 MHz

That's one of the things I remember about FX..cpu/nb doesn't go so high :)
  10. Johan45

Johan45

Thanks Received:
    As long as you have decent cooling you should be able to OC it some just have to wait and see. You may need some active cooling on the VRM as well but really no way to tell till you have it in there trialing it.
  11. Jeffredo

Jeffredo

Thanks Received:
    The "silicon lottery", CPU cooling and case ventilation are going to have more bearing on your ability to do a reasonable OC than the power phase count. Everything I've been able to glean from reviews and forum posts say that even at 4+1 Biostar boards (either 9xx chipset) are decent overclockers.
  12. Brickstin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for spec info.

Thank you so much for that information. :)
  13. Brickstin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Woot

Well the inside of my work room is always fairly cool, about well no higher then 70*F I try to keep this room cool since it's also my work room and during the winter I just close the heat vents and let my Computers heat up the room for me HAHA: that's one way to save Natural Gas bills

I was thinking of possibly using some Watercooling but I am going to try everything with all the fan setups and ventilation systems I have already set up on this unit. I'm pretty much doing a board swap and still using my existing case.

I will upload photos later ;3