1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

4850 Bios: Fan-Fix, 1.158Vcore, ASUS TOP CCC Hash

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by aalfabob, Sep 22, 2008.

1. aalfabob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright so here's what's working for my ASUS 4850 (Should work on other 4850's):

- The Vcore was set to 1.158V which is the MAX aloud by these cards, any other bios with higher voltages are not correct.

- I used the HASH of a ASUS TOP signature which allows the CCC max overdrive of 800/1300 while still having a valid ATI key. If you need anything higher I would recommend using RivaTuner as I'm not sure other bios (higher CCC values) are completely stable.

- The fan settings have been changed, the temps I've been getting while using the automated overclock feature (currently at 790/1288) are around 77C. 100% fan usage at 90C while scaled down to 0% at 40C so it should be quiet while not in use.

- I'm using the stock cooling for my card and no hard-mods (Vcore). Before the bios upgrade, my max Freq. for the core was 759 before a crash so some overclocking stability should be gained.

I put this together in RBE v1.15 and everything works within CCC / No driver issues or problems.

Things to remember while flashing:
    1) Always have a spare video card, which may either use a different slot or be on-board.
    2) Always BACK-UP your bios!!!
    3) Have a boot-able USB drive ready with DOS, AtiFlash software and backed up bios. (I can get links for these and instructions if needed)
    4) I've had many problems with winflash so I would recommend doing this in real DOS (not windows DOS).

Hopefully everything works correctly, give me some feedback on these bios.

Attached Files:

2. aalfabob New Member

Thanks Received:
    I checked the Vcore today with a multimeter and it is showing up as 1.19V. The max stable VFreq I'm getting in 3D apps is around 735Mhz which is probably limited by my cooling. My last post with the CCC overclock probably made it that high due to a less intense test. Ill throw another bios up if anyone wants better cooling. I found out that raising the fan to 100% in rivatuner gave me a better overclock (temps around 79C : 80C/93C/87C in 3D bench according the GPU-Z). So a bios with a max temp at 75C (off at 40C) should give an overall better OC. Ill be putting on an ACCELS1 cooler soon with 2 scythe 120mm's along with a pencil mod so ill post an update once that's done.

Attached Files:

3. sotelomichael

sotelomichael

Thanks Received:
    So, for those of us that don't use CCC or other tweaking software, what kind of clocks does this bios contain? 735mhz, or I read you mentioned 800mhz. I've got a hurricane all copper cooler on it with a fan, and I'm running at 720mhz in 3d mode, and 160mhz in 2d, (gpu core) and memory at about 1100mhz 3d, and about 500mhz in 2d.

What are your 2d clocks on this one?

4. Devious New Member

Thanks Received:
    I get a SSID error on my sapphire with this.

5. aalfabob New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 2D clock speeds are at the default speed (500/750 I think). I don't know if lowering them will add to much of a heat reduction or wattage decrease if the usage is near 0% but it may. Possibly changing the 2D voltage to a lower one might help a little to but I haven't had the time to mess with it yet. I'm hoping to get more bios up sometime this week to give more options.

And as for the SSID error, I'm not really sure what that is yet because I haven't had the time to look into it (school / work constantly) but I'll get something up in a few days. I know there's and option in atiflash ( -fs Force flashing bypassing BIOS SSID check.) but I wouldn't do that unless you look into the problem a little more. Also if your video card has the fan which isn't controllable, that may be the problem.

I'll be putting up more bios (energy savings / normal w. more OC abilities for stock cooling / and the OCed ones with voltage mod) soon. Also if you are not using an ASUS and you are having problems flashing I can find the bios for other brands and put those up to.