1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

4870x2 and DX11

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Locksmith, Feb 17, 2012.

1. GotNoRice

GotNoRice New Member

Thanks Received:
    That is simply wrong. DirectX11 is able to run directly on DirectX10 and 10.1 hardware. I explained how it is able to do that quite clearly in my previous post even including developer documentation directly from Microsoft for further reading. Plugging your ears and repeating your incorrect assumptions isn't going to change the facts here.

How about a list of DX11 games that don't run on DX10.1 hardware? It would be a pretty short list, if it had any games on it at all, because that would be the exception rather than the rule.

I've run my 4870x2 cards for many years now and I can't think of even one single DirectX11 game that has ever given me issues when played on my DirectX10.1 hardware.

In no way does Running a DirectX11 game on 10 or 10.1 hardware mean you have to revert back to using DirectX9. The reason games still include a DirectX9 executable has nothing to do with DX10/10.1 hardware, but rather, so that the game is able to run on WindowsXP.

Locksmith says thanks.
  2. user21

user21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    you actually ran the dx11 executions with your dx10.1 card and they actually worked ? i tried AVP when it was released with xfx gts250 1gb dx10 card and it returned me to the desktop. im not saying any dx10 or 10.1 hardware is not capable but a game purely based on dx11 wont let you run itself on a dx10 or dx10.1 card.

3. Locksmith

Locksmith

Thanks Received:
    while playing BF3 if you hold ctrl and alt and s, it gives you display settings onscreen, its showing up as Render = DX11
    i have this running @ 60 - 70 fps on highs and two ultra's in 1280X1024 no aa , vsync on
    im well chuffed, no need to pay out for another card, paid enough for this in the day.
    :))

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    Melvis and GotNoRice say thanks.
  4. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    semi OT: HD 4000 has tesselation, just not supported in API like OGL and DX (devs need to code for it), tesselation goes way back "almost unused" from Radeon 8500 a decade ago.

5. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    That looks awesome even at those settings and just 1 card, id be interested to see how it runs with two :)

This is also why im holding on to these cards as i just cant justify spending a shit load of money to get a little extra performance.

Long live the 4870X2 :rockout:

Locksmith says thanks.