1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

5.25" Fan Mounting

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Evolved, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    I recently got the Corsair 600T White case /w Window and Mesh panels, and the only intake I have is the front 200mm fan.

I was wondering if anybody could give me an idea of how I can mount a 120mm or 140mm fan in the 5.25" bay.

I will most likely remove my ODD since I only ever use it to install windows (which won't happen for a very, very long time).

I reckon' this will increase my airflow and cooling by a lot if I do this.

My setup is currently just a Spectre Pro (White LED) 200mm intake and then going straight through, into the rear exhaust, through my Corsair H80 (which has two 120mm Blademasters mounted on it).

I will most likely get a 120mm or 140mm Spectre Pro (White LED) to match my current intake fan. I just have no idea of how I can mount it properly.

2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    Law-II and Evolved say thanks.
  3. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Evolved says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. ValueDriven New Member

Thanks Received:
    Acrylic 5.25" Fan Mounts

Haven't tried these. I ended up with the Xigmatek 4 in 3 fan & Drive mount. Got that for like $18 when it was on sale at NE. I would have tried the acrylics if I had found them before I ordered the Xigmatek.

These acrylic ones are only $10 and come in a variety of colors. It is a fan only mount, no drives.

http://www.mountainmods.com/mountain-mods-acrylic-triple-bay-120mm-fan-mount-p-405.html

Good Luck. :toast:

P.S. Let me know if you come across a good filter that is easily cleanable (removable) for these fans. The closest I have found is the MODRIGHT FilterRight Square design 120mm two piece filters. These use aluminum screen held on to the filter frame by small screws, leaving the filter frame integrally mounted with the fan. Cost for me is about $10 including shipping.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012