1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

5400 rpm VS. 7200 rpm (and better)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Rocky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. .:{KC}:.

.:{KC}:. New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey plz let me mention this first 1: a allout gaming rig is gonna crash/die whatever it is the price of performance in crease.

2:If you what to keep things ? burn to disk often

3:if you can afford a spare rig use it for a back up server

think about what you want. a nice little rig for surfin a gamming machine ?
    buywhat you can afford and go from there , my sis bought one of those 299. special's from dell and couldn't be happier.
  2. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Erm, how is he gonna have RAID on his mobo if he doenst even have SATA? :confused:

And how often will a hard drive crash? For the amount of crashes a HDD has, do you really reckon that its worth spending the extra on the 2 HDD's? Remembering, he probably cant have RAID, so if he did get 2x160GB's and the HDD with all his data crashed, it would still be the same as getting the 1x300GB :p
  3. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Some mobos had PATA raid (iirc, via SILICON IMAGE firmwares onboard, but don't quote me on it... I could be wrong here)

* PLUS, & there are cards from say, Promise, that also do PATA RAID.

APK
  4. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL yea there probably are (im not too sure myself), but im saying, he doesnt have a high chance of having onboard RAID, and he is only getting this HDD in a crappy rig for more room and stuff (isnt he?), so it wont be worth all the money and stuff to get all these add on cards and so forth