1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

5770 stuck on 2d clocks (NOT ULPS clocks)

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by overclocking101, Apr 6, 2011.

1. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    so i run dual 5770's, they have both been working fine up until i took them out 3 days ago. i had it go: MSI in slot 1, sapphire in slot 2. I reversed it and now even switching them back the sapphire is constantly stuck at 600 core/1200 mem. stock is 850/1200. when using msi AB monitoring it shows the 2nd card switches from 600/1200 to 850/1200 but card one does not. im tearing my hair out on this ive tried drivers but ANY driver newer then 10.10E causes BSOD or 9fps max in games. heres the kicker with JUST the sapphire in it works fine, with crossfire it does not. tried google tried digging, im at the point i want to throw my rig out the damn window
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What process are you using as far as uninstalling drivers? Are you leaving both cards in while doing this? One thing that could be causing the issue are your profiles. After uninstalling, go into your AppData folder and delete the ATi folders from the Local and Roaming folders.
    overclocking101 says thanks.
  3. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    I dont have any profiles created. I used driver cleaner. like this:uninstall drivers--boot to safe mode- driver cleaner--shut down--remove card 2--reboot-- install drivers--reboot--put card 2 back in--reboot--let windows do its thing--reboot--enable crossfire--reboot. i just dont understand it whatsoever. i have had a problem like this before but it was always the slave card malfunctioning not the master card
  4. erocker

Thanks Received:
    You don't have to create your own profiles for them to be there. Do this:

-Leave both cards in at all times (I never understood installing drivers with just one card.. maybe back in the HD3xxx days)

-Uninstall your drivers, safe mode, driver sweeper.

-AppData folder -> Delete ATi folders in Local and Roaming

-Follow Section "B" here: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52502

-Go into Windows folder and clean out your temp and prefetch folders

-Restart

-Install drivers

*Make sure you update your chipset drivers with both cards installed. There is a key North Bridge filter driver that needs to be installed and will only install with two GPU's installed.
  5. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    so removing card 2 and putting it in slot one no longer solves this issue. both cards independantly do this when in slot one with or without crossfire, NEVER had this happen. ill give this a shot.
  6. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Leave the cards where they are.
  7. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    ok im going to delete drivers and restart
  8. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    here is a screenshot :banghead:

Attached Files:

• wtf.jpg
      wtf.jpg
      File size:
      176.4 KB
      Views:
  9. erocker

Thanks Received:
    You followed everything I said including the North Bridge filter driver part at the end? If so, perhaps those to cards bios' just aren't meshing together very well. :/
  10. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    both cards are flashed to the same bios, asus unlocked bios. i think there may be a problem in my registry but im not sure where the problem would be
  11. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    WELL I figured out it out! thanks a million to EROCKER. what it was is: i got rid of everything step by step as per E-mans posts (thanks again!), BUT when i restarted I realized "wait i never re-installed driver yet it seems as though I have". so i popped up GPU-Z and it says CAT 11.2 were installed WTF?!?!?! i never installed anything but 10-10E and 11.3. SO I searched got mad couldnt find where 11.2 is installed (driver sweeper says no ATI installed) I restarted AGAIN. NOW suddenly everything works GREAT, Better then before! and 11.2 is somehow still on there but nothing else, not CCC no nothing, but crossfire is enabled AND the gpu's BOTH clock UP and DOWN as they are supposed to. i was going to install CCC but im afraid to alter anything because now my system is finally performing great and I dont want to fuck it up.! for days I've been trying to figure it out. what do I think the problem was?? somehow 11.2 got installed even though it isnt on my drive and somehow it was conflicting with 10.10E thus causing shitty FPS and general bad performance.
    THANKS AGAIN EROCKER! :toast: :toast: :slap: :toast: :slap: :toast:
  12. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    WOW since doing this, i can OC with less volts and have all around better system stability. anyone having this issue i hope this thread dont get buried to far, i almost reformatted.