1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

5850 and radeon bios editer

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by derr12, Dec 4, 2009.

1. derr12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    has anyone had any luck changing clocks/fan speeds with the radeon bios editer yet?
  2. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    ive been wondering that too and if they had anyluck adjusting stock clocks with it.
  3. derr12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, the reason im interested is because im on a dual moniter setup and i got the bug where when non-stock clocks are set the power save mode goes into a clock too low to drive two moniters properly. As a result i get screen tearing. the stopgap was to create a 2d clock profile with stock clocks, but i get screen tearing in game menus still.

so, waiting on a driver fix or an updated bios editer so i can just trick the card into pretending its stock clocks are higher, like a factory overclocked card.
  4. Fahim

Thanks Received:
    Its fairly easy, I have done it before to keep my radeon cooler than normal with slight increase in temperatures...

Time to do that again with my 5850....
  5. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    I braved it and edited my 5850 bios, actually i edited the msi unlock bios to be stock 800/1000 and it worked fine. I didnt mess with fan settings yet, that will be next. I just wish there was voltage settings for 5850. I would like to up the 3d voltage so I can do 900 core without msi afterburner.
  6. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    very interested in this for my 5870 too