• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

5850 flicker fix failure... please help.

cheebs

Hi,

Having had problems in the past with flashing monitors (triple headed) I got it to a level i could ignore. Until, i installed the latest catalysts to be able to play the BF3 demo.

This evening I used RBE (following the tutorial) to adjust the RAM speeds within the clock settings tab in an attempt to resolve the flicker once and for all. I changed all the RAM speeds to 1125 (the Clock Info 00 settings) for all the relevant infos within the powerplay states relating to high med and low settings.

I flashed the card with winflash through RBE, and on reboot I get a "ColorVision Startup" error. "GetMonitorStrings (GetDisplayInformationEX 2)" - Error 1248 (Device Support.cpp 118) - No more local devices.

When looking in device manager there is an exclamation mark on the icon for the GFX Card, with a device status of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I also had a Catalyst error about not finding a GPU, but thats stopped after cleaning the drivers and reinstalling them.

I have reflashed the original BIOS but it hasn't solved the issue.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

cheebs

Thanks all. - This forum helped me sort it out, even if i couldn't find the answer using the search straight away. Thanks also for not flaming the panicked first post LOL.

I flashed it again from a USB bootable device with atiflash on it. Flashed the original BIOS back in and all is well again.

Note to self - Dont use ATI winflash if at all possible.... :toast: