1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

5870 mobility overdrive signature problems

Discussion in 'RBE' started by AssimilatorX, Jan 5, 2011.

1. AssimilatorX

AssimilatorX

Thanks Received:
    Hello!

I need some help here i intend to modding my alienware M17X-R2 Mobility Radeon 5870 CFX VBIOS so i can use the overdrive. I have extract the hash from the MSI GX740 5870 VBIOS and ASUS G73J 5870 VBIOS the problem is i not sore i may do something wrong or miss something because is not working. CCC2 will not enable the overdrive top of that my M17X-R2 5870 has a standard clock for the gpu 300MHz and 400Mhz for RAM but the hash overwrite that to 700/1000 should i worry about that??
    when i used the msi hash my videocards went dead just got tha replacement from dell today.

Someone could tell me what do i do wrong or what i missed???

thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    This will not work. Mobility BIOSes don't have the code for overdrive capability. Just adding the overdrive value tables won't change that.

AssimilatorX says thanks.
  3. overclocker

overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Y not just overclock using a program like ati tool, gpu tool or rivatuner?

4. AssimilatorX

AssimilatorX

Thanks Received:
    So you mean i not able to enable overdrive on my M17X just adding the hash ?? unless alienware release the bios with overdrive support. I unable to use asus or msi vbios in my cards because i assume the motherboard will deny boot after (whitelist limitation) i experienced it...
    but thanks anyway BAGZZlash :D just stik with the oc'd vbios i can go up to 850/1250 not bad "would bi nice to have OD in CCC"
    Thanks.

5. AssimilatorX

AssimilatorX

Thanks Received:
    Because i dont like them... 'd rather have an oc'd bios if i cannot use OD

6. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, yes. :cry:

7. AssimilatorX

AssimilatorX

Thanks Received:
    Just a question i know is may not a good topic for that. Someone please able to dump the dell version of "AMD Radeon HD 6870M" Firmware from M17X r3 sence is a same core than 5870 use i cancelled my order. I not going to change a crossfirex config to single just because of some rebranding. If an admin knows where to post, it please move it there. :S