1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

5870 QUADFIRE user video!!

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Bodar, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    when i see the room, this rig stands in, i know, its just an i7, because nothing more expensive was available at this moment:laugh:
    sad, i want to be born rich too:p

2. Blín D'ñero

Blín D'ñero

Thanks Received:
    Did you notice that they used Catalyst 8.12? That is a very old bench, what's the point of it today in this thread. With my single 4870X2 i have an average 45 fps @ 1600x1200 4xAA DX10 Very High in Warhead since Cat 9.3 (?) 9.4 (?) 1900x1200 shouldn't be much lower than that. :) (I can't say anything about scaling 2 or more 4870X2's).

Bodar thanks a lot for that impressive video! :cool:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  3. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Hey you know I used to own a 4870x2 as well? There is no way in hell I'm going to believe your numbers without proof. Did you know 8.12 is a driver release at least 6 months after the release of the 4870x2? Have you ever tried to run 1900x1200 on your 4870x2? Why did you post if you can't add anything about scaling with tri/quadfire? It is an impressive video the OP put up, eh?

4. Blín D'ñero

Blín D'ñero

Thanks Received:
    I stand partially corrected, @16x12 it's not 45 but 36 average here.
    I just played the whole first level, in both 16x12 and 192x12, see chart:

[​IMG]

Also see computerbase.de chart using Catalyst 9.5

Ok sorry for the offtopic; didn't mean to derail this thread but someone posted a miserably out of date chart, so that had to be corrected.

> EDIT 2: (HD 5870 - Driver 8.66 Beta)
    (HD 4870 X2 - Catalyst 9.8)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Binge says thanks.
  5. Bodar

Bodar New Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys are more then welcome!! Thanks so much and Appreciate you taking the time to check it out!! :)

6. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I sincerely hope your here to stay dude, I very much appreciated the video, not to mention your set for eyefinity if we have any questions there :toast:

7. Binge

Thanks Received:
    +1 I would most appreciate any updates to these benchmarks with the progression of drivers.

8. Bodar

Bodar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Will do! I am planning on a higher res bench with a few of the titles that did'nt scale so well and see if it helps.. Keep you posted for sure!! :)

wolf says thanks.
  9. Bodar

Bodar New Member

Thanks Received:
    random, erocker, REVHEAD and 3 others say thanks.
  10. Binge

Thanks Received:
    One of the better presentations I've seen. You really keep it so simple there's nothing to miss. Nothing fanboy about the video either. There is a genuine satisfaction in tone.

11. Blín D'ñero

Blín D'ñero

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for another well-done video! :cool:
    The presentation of eyefinity working is very good, i get a sense of it and imo it is indeed amazing: the left and right part i never saw in games, the way i see it now is that one day i will never again want to do without. It's crazy the tube-view i and most people are used to.
    That reminds me: a game like Shift, you see your hands, the steering wheel, watch the road but can't look around, and i miss that. Games that don't have a controllable camera might benefit (immersion-wise) from this expanded view. Have you tried Shift?

Also, i want to say i like your presentation: straight to the point, music only at start and end (but not ramming through the whole video like others do), as a tranquil video makes more impact.

12. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Awesome video again Bodar, you cut right to the chase, and its really awesome to see just what one 5870 OC can do!

So from your video I gather for most really intensive games the top resolution was a bit much for the 5870? i was looking at 5760x1200 but I might be better to stick to 3840x1024....

Your style is great IMO, short intro to get us all (really) interested, a sniplet of how the game actually looks and plays and benchmarks at all resolutions.

:toast:

13. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Awesome work with the videos. I also hope you stick around so you can maybe shed some more light on the resolutions you can use (5760x1080 for example?), the display port adaptors (if any), what monitors are good to use ect.

Again, great work.

14. Bodar

Bodar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks you guys so much!! I really appreciate the honesty.. I really try to state the facts for everyone. The reason why I ran the crysis demonstration so long was to show that it's possible at enthusiast settings with multiple monitors to run this game at multi monitor resolution.. It's weird.. It ran so smooth as you guys could see.. The average of 32fps is almost funny though.. If I would'nt have shown the demonstration and just the numbers, I would have laughed myself to the end of the world.. Truth is, regardless of that framerate, it was fast and enjoyable! I just try to show as much as I know you guys would want to see.. We all love smooth gameplay first and foremost and if it is'nt there, why would we bother. Cheers everyone and again, I appreciate it!!

15. Bodar

Bodar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh.. also.. I think any res between 3,000 and 5,000, you would be set.. Especially if you have a dual gpu or crossfire once support arrives.

Conflict0s and wolf say thanks.
  16. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    Crazy :D Lets hops drivers will mature son enough. Of ocurse, how many people are using quadfire?

17. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its times like these would a mobo that supported Dual cpus be of any use? (dual i7 cpu board ) :rockout:

18. Bodar

Bodar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now that would be fun!! :)

19. REVHEAD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bodar, I have been looking at your vids as of the other day from a post someone made in these forums, I allso have been rating your vids and commenting. I am just happy that someone has posted some proffesional vids like this, and really hope this is the start of something longterm, and look forward to many more over the comming years. Cheers mate, and kep up the great work.

20. Bodar

Bodar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks so much Revhead! :) I really appreciate it so much.. I've actually seen you on there as well.. Thanks!! :)

21. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Bodar,

Great follow up video! I enjoyed it much more than the first. Small request, no more benchmarks just 3 minutes of grenade throwing!! :rockout::rockout: :rockout:

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more grenades!!!

Edit, rated 5/5 and commented a bit. :toast:

22. po0finga

po0finga New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey can any1 tell me the exact length of this card please n is the x2 version coming soon?

23. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    OVER 9000!!!

Wait, its only 11" for the 5870 but the 5970 is slated at 12"

[​IMG]

po0finga says thanks.
  24. po0finga

po0finga New Member

Thanks Received:
    should fit wivout to many problems think id have to get the tin snips out for the foot longer tho any ideas of a release date for the 5970 and a general idea of launch price
    thanks

25. REVHEAD New Member

Thanks Received:
    The actual size of the 5970 is 13.5 inches.

po0finga says thanks.