1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

6850 voltage register mod

Discussion in 'RBE' started by bmxfelon420, Nov 5, 2013.

1. bmxfelon420 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did a bit of searching on the site as well as google and from what I can gather, I cant change clockspeeds in my HIS 6850's bios using RBE. But from what i can gather in a few other threads, I can increase my voltages via the "GPU Registers" option in RBE. I had a few questions before I try this:

1. Is that the only place I change the voltage? Do I leave all the voltages in the clockspeeds themselves be?
    2. Does this require a different hash? Or does that only apply when changing the clockspeed?

I removed my clockspeed limit using Afterburner so i have no issues setting clockspeeds using CCC, i just wanted to bump my voltage up since i'm on water.

EDIT:
    Hmm i'm skeptical, i didnt see the CHIL chip on the card when i looked and its also not like this

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6850/images/front.jpg

It's the same color, and came with that same heatsink, but the vrms didnt have a heatsink on them. If it cant be modded i guess i'm not heartbroken, at 1030/1230 and it seems to be stable so far.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. bmxfelon420 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bit of an update, I had to do a repair install the other day and afterwards my clocks werent stable. After checking the profiles.xml that CCC uses, i noticed that profile 3 was only set to 1.1v. Sapphire Trixx let me set it to 1.150. I modified the CCC profile to 1.15 and the previous overclock of 1020/1230 was stable. Another point of interest is that the 1 and 2 profiles were both also set to 1.1v. I backed them down to .95 to match what the bios has listed. Everything is working properly. If anyone has insight on the way this works, i'd appreciate it.