1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

6870+DX11 BC2 = Hard lock

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Batou1986, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Whenever I play BC2 with my new 6870 it eventually freezes and I have to hard reset my PC.
    Has anyone else experienced this for the life of me i cant find the problem ?

Every other game works fine with 0 issues even other DX11 titles the rest of the pc is 100% stable.
    Temps are under 70 GPU under 50 on CPU in game, PSU is more than sufficient, Passed everything in OCCT CPU/GPU +memtest for RAM
    Furmark, Haven, 3D M11, Vantage all can run infinitely without overheating/crashing

Ive tried updating DX,PB, cat 11.4 thru 11.5b, closing everything else on the pc including msi afterburner xfire steam ect.

I'm really regretting my decision to go back to Ati :banghead:
    I could play BC2 with a 9800gtx+ with no issues besides it looked like crap and low fps

2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    are you running MSI afterburner or Sapphire TriXX etc software overclocking tools? if so turn them off and then try the game.

seems alot of ppl are having issues with the software overclock tools causing BC2 to hang and crash. if i overclock via CCC i have 0 issues use afterbruner or trixx and i hardlock every time.

if that dosent help, its just Bad Company being a pain in the ass its nothing new lol just manually set the DX version in the INI file. to DX10 or try forcing DX11, it could be the Auto DX selection is fucking things up as ive had that happen before as well.

also try removing your CPU overclock.. As Bad Company 2 is extremely sensitive to CPU overclocks. more so then ANY stress test app aka IBT, OCCT etc. i can pass those all day and still crash in BC2

3. Thatguy New Member

Thanks Received:
    did you reinstall the game after changing out the graphics card ?

4. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    could also be left over driver files causing a headache for you

5. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    I read that as well, I uninstalled MSI AB and the issue remains i literally closed everything unnecessary so all that's running is windows and the game.

No i haven't went that route as it takes a good 4 hrs to update, want to cover all my bases beforehand.
    Tho i did delete the entire save data folder so all settings and configs would be rebuilt.

Ran driversweeper before installing the ati card and a few time since changing around drivers

6. jzv New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would also like to confirm that i get the BC2 crashes when running afterburner. I have a 6950 modded the bios for more volts and use the CCC hack to up the mhz that way. So no need for afterburner.

7. meran New Member

Thanks Received:
    i had this problem too with my 5850 undeclocking to stock clocks lowers to possibility of hard lock to about once every 2 hours or so lower clock a bit , i didnt had any issues with the game before even with overclock ,i dont know what the fuck is with bad company

8. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Update DX and your chipset drivers, BIOS, Windows updates, flash update

Does the event log say anything?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011