1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

6950 2GB dual bios Won't Boot

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by rron, May 10, 2011.

1. rron New Member

Thanks Received:
    After doing a lot of research for my new build I settled on the MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 2GB for my graphics card with the intention of unlocking it for extra performance. It comes with the dual BIOS switch and after doing a bunch of research is seemed like this card was going to be easy to unlock. I did a lot more research as to what the best way to unlock it was and after following the guide closely gave it a shot. I got some mismatch errors and tried a few other BIOS's to flash and after a reboot it will not boot when the bios is in the 1 switch anymore. I haven't overclocked this card at all and it runs just fine in the 2 position but I'm hesitating to do any overclocking or try anything that might harm the second bios.

This was awhile ago and haven't gotten around to trying to much to fix it so I can't remember exactly what I did wrong to let it get this way. I've tried saving the bios from the 2 position and flashing it to 1 postion with no luck. I'd really just like to be able to get my card back to normal so I can try it again.

MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 2GB ...

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3
    i5 2500k
    8GB

Thanks a lot.
  2. rron New Member

Thanks Received:
    bump.