1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

6950 shader unlock problem

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by jameskelsey, Apr 6, 2011.

1. jameskelsey

jameskelsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I used RBE to mod my BIOS and unlock the shaders. Flashed with ATIWinflash and all seemed fine,opened GPU-Z and it showed 1536 shader count. But as soon as I try to play a game it locks up flashes to black screen then back to the game that's locked up. Is there anything to do? Reflash,remod BIOS or did I just get unlucky? Seems like most everybody has had no problems with just unlocking the shaders.

2. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Try using the script to modify the bios instead of rbe. It worked or both of my cards. I don't have the link offhand for the mod sorry

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. jameskelsey

jameskelsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well that was interesting,switched to BIOS 2 and still had game lockup.Had to uninstall and clean out drivers in BIOS 2 then I switched back to BIOS 1 and flashed back to stock BIOS and reinstall video drivers. Everything working good again on stock BIOS.

4. jamesrt2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Flash bios, uninstall then reinstall drivers.

Most te time you should reinstall after unlock due to the card being utilised differently :).

jameskelsey says thanks.
  5. jameskelsey

jameskelsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok,flashed mod BIOS again rebooted,uninstalled drivers rebooted and reinstalled drivers rebooted. GPU-Z shows 1536 shaders and was able to play Crysis 2 and Farcry 2,looking good so far.