1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

+7850 Overclocking

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Xdarklightningx, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Xdarklightningx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a Biostar ta790gx a2+ and I'm running a +7850 Black Edition at 3.2 ghz. I have my ram overclocked to 1066 at 5-5-5-15. I would like to know if i can get any higher then that because I can't get it to go any higher. I don't have a heat pipe over my mosfets could this be the reason why I can't boot higher then 3.2 ghz?

Capture.jpg

I have a zalman cnps9700 Led cooler on my cpu.

2. 1933 Poker

1933 Poker New Member

Thanks Received:
    wicked temps dude!

3. 1933 Poker

1933 Poker New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I had my Asus P5N32 SLI PLUS board I had to reset my BIOS everytime it recognized my CPU as being a "new" cpu everytime I had overclocked far enough for it to register to the board as being so. EG if I went higher than 3.79 say to 3.8 it would display a messge saying new cpu detected updating "bios files" or whatever anyway whenever after this I wanted to go back to a lower setting say 3.2 or 3.0 the computer wouldn't boot unless I "flushed" the BIOS by resetting before attempting to set it at this clock which worked as long as I "flushed".

4. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    65nm K10 cpu weren known for getting high overclocks. i say your overclock is good, and probably is the most u can get of it.

EDIT: did u play with the vcore and the ht multiplier?

5. Xdarklightningx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi again I messed around with my cpu some more last night and I got it to 3.4 ghz STABLE!!. All I had to do was put on ACC to auto and my computer booted right away. I ran Prime 95 for 2 hrs last night and I got a max temp of 26'c but the heat came on in my house today and I ran it with the heater on and went to about 29'c max load. I'm pretty happy I got it to 3.4ghz but I might need those mosfets to get higher then that I'm gonna order them when they come in stock so I'll keep you guys posted on what I can get with this processor.

Capture1.jpg

6. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    You have an original Phenom-based Athlon. That may be the highest OC you may get. Original Phenoms/Athlons don't overclock nearly as well as their newer Phenom II/Athlon II 45nm parts. I'd say that you have a great overclock (my Phenom 9750 couldn't get over 2.8GHz stable, and my motherboard didn't support ACC).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. Xdarklightningx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea I don't know if the guy on newegg was joking but he said he got his to go to 3.9 ghz stable at 230x17. I don't know if he is joking or not but i might check it out lol when i get those mosfets.

8. 1933 Poker

1933 Poker New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mine was at 400x10 on both the gigabyte P43 board I used and the N32 which I mentioned both with the same cpu which is the e7300..

9. Xdarklightningx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just ordered some mosfet coolers for my motherboard. They should be here by Saturday or probably Monday at latest. I cut my hand while trimming a narrow slice off an old heat sink and I put it on the mosfet it did seem to get stable at lower voltages. The strip I cut was kinda small and covered like half of the mosfet but with the new ones i ordered i should get it higher then 3.4 ghz. These are the mosfet coolers i got http://www.ultimatepccooling.com/thhrmocoty3.html.