1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

7950 boost question

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by toilet pepper, Mar 10, 2013.

1. toilet pepper

toilet pepper New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the 7950 boost edition by sapphire and I have some question about it. I can't exactly grasp how the boost on this card works. I know for a fact that it is not the same way as how Nvidia boost works.

Mine is clocked at default 925mhz according to Gpu-z (i know it should be 850) and vddc on it says it needs 1.2v to reach that level and at idle it is 0.9v. I cant tell if it is because of the powertune setting as it is all the way turned up or what but I think that is still pretty high in my opinion.

I tried overclocking it to 1000/1375 pretty decent gains and vddc was at 1.21. Tried clocking it to 1150/1400 @1.2v or default gains were good pretty stable then I saw an artifact while I ran Heaven so I clock it 1100/1400 and all seems good. Temps for everything did not reach 70C accdng to gpuz.

Should I just clock it to the highest clock I could get it stable? I think all that power is wasted at nothing if I just leave it at default or should I flash this thing with a better more efficient bios?