1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

80 percent chance Vista will be ready in January

Discussion in 'News' started by D_o_S, Jul 12, 2006.

1. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates said Tuesday there was an 80 percent chance the company's next-generation operating system, Vista, would be ready in January.

However, Gates said at a presentation in Cape Town to Microsoft software partners that he would delay the launch if beta testing uncovered shortcomings.

The Vista software has been subject to a number of delays. Beta users of software test products before their full commercial release in an effort to uncover problems.

"We got to get this absolutely right," Gates said. "If the feedback from the beta tests shows it is not ready for prime time, I'd be glad to delay it."

Source: Physorg

2. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    Didn't he retire?

3. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    like he will ever be able to keep his hands out of the pie

4. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    this will probably be his last big project i mean he stated he was retiring a few months ago and i read someware that vista was starting to be developed right after XP and the fact that he announced that he would have no problem pushing it back makes me think he wants to go out w/ a bang a really decent OS a kinda milestone not that he isnt going to be remembered anyways..but something the next cheif architect can gawk at when he takes the throne.

5. rpgbefore... New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow... if bill gates is retired microsoft will plummet... hes the only reason they got this far anyways...

6. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Vista sucks. There is still about 9-12 months of fit and finish to get it done right, and that is still with half the new features tossed by the side of the road to get it rolling.

JMHO.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  7. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    100% chance I wont buy it too.

8. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    I know alot of people that won't "Buy" it, but somehow they will magically have it on their PCs.

:laugh:

9. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is exactly what people said about XP. Strangly I dont see many people still using 2000.

10. rpgbefore... New Member

Thanks Received:
    well... im staying with xp... when xp came out i said i will get it... when vista comes out i wont... staying with un bugged trusty ol xp!!! and also, over 90million people use windows 95, 2000, and ME... not alot of people?

11. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    yeah but Im betting 2 to 3 times that number use XP. I'm getting vista, not like I won't have XP still on another partition and linux, possibly OSX. But their is nothing wrong with staying up to date. I don't know why so many people are anti vista.

12. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    :ohwell: :ohwell: Running it on one of my other rigs sure it's buggy.... but so is xp download times seem to be faster by about 75/100Mbyts/sec and it's slow with 1gig 400 ram but runs fine with 2 gig ....way TOO much security shit to turn offf!:twitch: