1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

8800gts fan only at 60%

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by CarolinaKSU, Jan 24, 2008.

1. CarolinaKSU New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all, I was in Everest looking at my temps and noticed that my GPU's fan speed is only 60% and it never changes, even during a game when I minimize real quick and check temps. Is there someway to make it change speeds dynamically when under load, a driver update maybe?
  2. Atnevon

Atnevon

Thanks Received:
    There is a program called RivaTuner that can adjust your speeds. Just google it and there are a few guides that tell you how to program it. I just do it manually so I have more control, and have it at 80% start up.
    CarolinaKSU says thanks.
  3. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    rivatuna is what i use to overclcok mine too. evga must of tweaked their drivers if its running @ 60% out of the box as mine only ran a 36% until i changed mine to 65% which dropped my idle temp by 10c and load temp by 20c.

you will need to edit the cfg file to get riva to work with your card tho,
    [​IMG]

thanks to erocker for the img :toast:
  4. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees New Member

Thanks Received:
    I also use Rivatuner. Best OC proggy for GPU's.
  5. CarolinaKSU New Member

Thanks Received:
    So i found a great guide and followed the instructions and created fan profiles to change the fan's speed whenever it hits a certain core temp. After cranking up the fan manually to 100% it went from 52C to 43C at idle. WOW!

Also, the fan on the 8800gts isnt really that loud at all even at full throttle. Kind of surprising really..