1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

9550 led's

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by cynerdyne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. cynerdyne New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all.
    Just installed a Radeon 9550 today - with a few probs due to onboard video - but with a lot of help from this site, so thanks a lot :)
    One annoying niggle.... The fan and led's are facing downward! (lol)
    Ive racked my brains on how i can get it to face up, but im presuming im wasting my time, right? :confused:
    Seems like a waste of led's if ya ask me, lol.
    Cheers.
  2. Halki New Member

Thanks Received:
    somewhere.. over the rainbow (Zilina, Slovakia)
    maybe you can put a mirror on the bottom of the case, saw it on a few modded comps
  3. cynerdyne New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol... i did actually think of that but also thought it seemed a silly length to go to. :)

Is there a reason theyre on the bottom? Is there an alternative reality ATI sell them in where the cards fit with the fan and leds facing up?

Cheers :)
  4. Dedodido New Member

Thanks Received:
    nah, there's no real way of doing it because the GPY is always on the bottom. I'm doing electronics for GCSE, so I know how it can be difficult aranging things on a PCB. The only real way of having a GPU on the bottom would be by completely re-aranging the way it fits together, which would cost a lot and the companies would loose a lot of money e.t.c.

With my one (before I replaced the fan with a better one so I could OC more), then the bottom of the case is shiney metal, so all the light just reflected off it and gave the case a nice blue glow.
  5. cynerdyne New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, thanks for the help guys.
    Off to Boots for a mirror now!! ;)