1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

9600XT 256 Artifacting Never been OC

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Axel16, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Axel16 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i bought a Saphire 9600xt 256mgs, installed it a Extreme giant 3, mems have heatsinks, and had like for like 5 months or 8, yesterday we had lan party, this morning i played, now when i got home my pc is giving me a lot of dots black ones, textures messed up estreching all over the screen, ATI TOOL when i start eh Scan Artifacts says delta of 51805 in 565 pixels (88.1 avg) and it keeps rising.... temp is 42 to 40 clocks are stock, Core 500 Mem 300, and i get those errors, but when i put mem to 250 mhz it goes ok no artifacts or errors...

what does this mean? any way to fix my card back to its normal clocks and stats w/o artifacting?? plz help, i have never overclocked it btw.... installed drivers various versions, installed win2k same errors, winxp same errors..... what can i do?

2. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:
    I used to have that cooler and got rid of it! The screws holding it together would work loose on me after a while and temps would start to rise. Check it to see that everything is ok and not touching something it shouldn’t. I recommend going with an ATI silencer it has cooler idle temps and is waaaaaaaay quieter! Good ventilation is especially important too so that it wont turn into a big heat sink and heat the card.

3. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    and watch for dust